Portable A/C

Page 2 of 4

No doubt about that. Just not thermodynamics.

Whatever, you can believe what you want... even if it's wrong!
kj, Just killfile the ignorant troll, like everybody else has. His only purpose in life is to try and stir up shit

Fucking idiot, as usual.
Don't dispose of the water, and don't take in any additional moisture and then what exactly do we have here now?

BULLSHIT
I guess you're a Edenpure believer too???
What a crock of shit that is!!

Yes. If it's like the one I measured, it would provide 1.6x800 = 1280 watts.

Do you believe a 500 watt air conditioner can move 1500 watts of heat? :-)
It's time to admit you are wrong and apologize for your arrogance.
Nick

watts.
With an air conditioner the condenser is OUTSIDE.
With a portable dehumidifier, the condenser is INSIDE.
Big difference and the unit is NOT creating more heat then it's using, PERIOD!

Define "create".
It doesn't "create" heat in the sense of violating energy conservation.
However it does convert latent heat that doesn't affect a thermometer to sensible heat that does.
Just think of it as evaporative cooling in reverse. Condensive heating, if you like. Multiple joules of sensible heat appear compared to the joules of energy used to run the machinery.

It "converts" heat, but it doesn't "create" it, it was in the space already! Therefore, it's not 100% + efficient.

No. Water vapor is not heat. A dehumidifier produces more watt-hours of sensible heat than the watt-hours of electricity consumed, the difference being the heat of vaporization of the water vapor condensed.
The sensible heat was no more "in the space" than if you had used fuel or a battery to create heat from stored energy.
This is likely over your head, as it is a matter of thermodynamics that takes years of study, and which very few people are qualified to understand.

The only thing that's over my head, is the fact I don't speak or understand BULLSHIT.

So you need more education... :-)
Nick
* This is likely over your head, as it is a matter of * thermodynamics that takes years of study, and which * very few people are qualified to understand.
Just listen to yourself.
There are many idiots on the planet. However, you're not THAT smart, and others are not THAT stupid.
The sad part is, it probably doesn't even phase the people who know you one bit.
-zero
-zero writes:

In some ways, I agree. On certain technical topics, there is THAT much of a gulf between wisdom and folly.
The modern egalitarian culture is that IQ doesn't really matter, because not all have it equally. Smart guys who know calculus, physics, chemistry, etc., on a sophisticated level are just nerds who have no social capacity. This notion is supported by the recent explosion of unintelligent people who acquire a little arcane knowledge about this or that latest computer gadget, and impress people as somehow smart, like children with video games that baffle adults.
And supported by the fallacies of public education, which hold that we are all created equally intelligent (for some mushy definition of "intelligent") and that the average child can learn math and science. Since the average person does well to even approach algebra, much less calculus, "math and science" must therefore be defined down to trivial concepts with no practical use in genuine engineering and real-world problems, like looking at gee-whiz stuff in "science" museums. If we can't disprove the bell curve, then we'll say the bell curve doesn't matter.
So if you're gonna run down those on the upper tail of the bell curve, then just make fun of their pocket protectors or whatever, not their genuine contributions that make your modern life possible.

What have YOU done toward genuine contributions that make MY modern life possible? Just curious! Invent the pocket protector?
message

I have observed that people on the low side of the curve quickly revert to personal attacks when confronted with ideas they can not comprehend of objectively discuss,

Maybe you should ask yourself the same question

Q.E.D.

OK, so are you going to attempt to dazzle us with brilliance?? or baffle us with more BS?? How about telling us what you have done toward genuine contributions that make modern life possible. Have you participated in scientific expeditions that benifited the world at large?? or helped develop something that is benificial to mankind?? or developed techniques to help clean up environmental disasters?? Well??? have you??

David, please don't take my comment the wrong way.I certainly didn't intend it as a "personal attack" upon RJK. I am merely curious about his contribution to the betterment of our lives.I will be the first to bow in respect if he has done more than prolong the art of crossposting.