PMV (closed-form), and PD?

Fanger's approach (which is a part of ISO 7730) to computing zones of thermal comfort is an iterative technique, thus it can be said that it's computationally expensive. Does anybody know if there is a closed-form approximation to Fanger's algorithm? (There seems it is, according to some HVAC producers' documentation, but the exact formulae weren't published, or at least I wasn't able to find them on the Internet or my library.)

Another question: can anybody give pointers to PD (draught) calculation? The literature is incredibly sparse on this, and any help would be appreciated. My main problem is to discover how to calculate the so-called "local turbulence intensity", needed to calculate final PD value. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Sinisa.Kolaric

Sounds like a bad thermostat to me. Replace it with a high-end, digital model. You probably have to replace the wiring too. Use digital wires for best performance.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

"Oscar_Lives" wrote

I suggest a digital furnace too, just so everything matches....

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

Yeah, and if it doesn't fire properly, just give it a digital exam...

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Digital exams can be a great thing if your urologist looks like Selma Hayek, as mine does. ;-))))))))))

oops, gotta get some tissues.

Bob

Reply to
DIMwit

Judging by your replies, this isn't really the best newsgroup to discuss ISO 7730. :-) Sorry for intruding.

Reply to
Sinisa.Kolaric

AKS