Please recommand good quality gas furnace and AC

I got almost the same problem. According to the technician, draft inducer motor got shortened and took out the relay on the circuit control board. However, I found the fuse on the control board was perfect. How comes the fuse didn't protect the relay on the board? Could some explain the puzzle for me? Thanks.

Reply to
ZhuW.Chicago

Bubba

Perhaps the fuse only protects the 24 VAC circuit. The 110 volt part of the board could have been fused by the 15 amp breaker.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The 110 v circuit break didn't trip. The technician told me that there was no control output from the control board to the inducer motor. It is weird. Either it is a bad design or the fuse could be replaced by the technician.

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
ZhuW.Chicago

Stormin's right, the fuse on the board is used to protect the low voltage side of the system, 24v thermostat ect... Your relay/inducer are 120v. Poof! So the inducer ran before the tech got there? Relay's on boards go sometimes...nobody's faulty. And there have been alot of revisions for the boards carrier/brayant use, and lots of revisions of inducers. They all have problems with boards. 5yrs sounds about right though, I guess the warranty just expired? The shit is all engineered to fail. Yup crapola! And everything is marked up 400%. And to get it done you have to deal with some BS call center. Life sucks I know. Keep insurance on your shit. That's all anyone can do :(

-CanadianHeat

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @

Reply to
Anonymous

Thanks, glad to hear I get something right, now and again.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

consider the source........ Bubba

Reply to