Please recommand good quality gas furnace and AC

Page 2 of 2
Your tech is probably lying. He caused the short. Then he put in a new fuse without you knowing. Fire him and find another. Replace your thermostat. Bubba
On 20 Dec 2006 11:52:29 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Perhaps the fuse only protects the 24 VAC circuit. The 110 volt part of the board could have been fused by the 15 amp breaker.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Stormin's right, the fuse on the board is used to protect the low voltage side of the system, 24v thermostat ect... Your relay/inducer are 120v. Poof! So the inducer ran before the tech got there? Relay's on boards go sometimes...nobody's faulty. And there have been alot of revisions for the boards carrier/brayant use, and lots of revisions of inducers. They all have problems with boards. 5yrs sounds about right though, I guess the warranty just expired? The shit is all engineered to fail. Yup crapola! And everything is marked up 400%. And to get it done you have to deal with some BS call center. Life sucks I know. Keep insurance on your shit. That's all anyone can do :(
-CanadianHeat
-- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- -
Thanks, glad to hear I get something right, now and again.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

A bit late here, but let me suggest you pick a brand / model for good reviews but stick to the basic model (single speed) and get your HVAC guy to install the "FanHandler" product. I have it and it's just awesome. Makes your furnace work like a variable speed. It's only $200US (if you can get it yourself--good luck) for the part.... just make sure that the motor that comes with the furnace is a high-quality one...
No, I don't work for them... check my posts on the matter...
Peace, Dan