Please recommand good quality gas furnace and AC

Page 1 of 2
I live in a Chicago suburb in the midwest where the winter is very cold and the summer can be extremely hot. This winter I just paid about $700 to replace the control board and inducer motor for 5 yr old Bryant Plus 80t. Last summer I paid about $1200 to replace evaporator coil for 15 old Bryant A/C unit. Is Bryant a good quality brand? I inherited both from the previous owner of the house. I am not sure how long they will last w/o any breakdown.
I am thinking about replacing furnace/AC together next year. Could someone recommand a good quality brand which can last for at least 10 years like Toyota or Honda in the auto industry? I hate to call for emergency services in the cold winter or hot summer.
Thanks in advance.
Bryant is basically a Carrier product, it's good. Consumer Reports lists american standard as the best furnace manufacturer. They build the Trane product. I used to go with Carrier, now I prefer Trane. Get a 14 Seer txv a/c system, and a hi efficiency 2 stage variable speed furnace. Cost you a fortune but worth it in the long run.
-Canadian Heat
-- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- -
On 8 Dec 2006 19:26:32 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
If you want the best go with American Standard, a bit pricey but worth every penny when installed correctly.

http://www.thehvacmedic.com - All the free heating and air answers you want!
Thanks for the advices. Trane will be the one for me to go after reviewing the discussion in the news group and consumer report rating.
On 8 Dec 2006 19:26:32 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Ive found Carrier is not the "healthiest" brand and their repair parts are quite expensive but they have the "Big Box Name". I dont recommend any brands. They dont pay me for that. I will, however, recommend that you find a good installer and that you purchase a brand with a 10 yr parts AND labor warranty. After that, move, replace the unit again or take your chances. Bubba
WOW...GUYS...this is the most impressive reply I have read in a LONG time
See....you ALL can be very informative if need be
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Proper Sizing & Installation are the critical parts! - udarrell
--
PROPER A/C UNIT & DUCTWORK Sizing is over 70% of Operating Efficiency
http://www.udarrell.com/proper_cfm_btuh_duct_sizing_air_conditioning_systems.html

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:31:57 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"

Have you ever done anything on your own? Who wipes your ass when you take a dump?

another friend...........

.......and Im sure you had a friend help you because there is no way you diagnosed that yourself or did any of the repair yourself.

Nice try, "bullshit man" Bubba
On Sun, 10 Dec 2006 18:31:57 GMT, "Stormin Mormon"

Run Forest, run!
http://www.thehvacmedic.com - All the free heating and air answers you want!
In my case, the fuse on the control board was fine. According to the technician, the inducer motor got damaged caused by malfunction of the control board.
On Dec 10, 9:40 pm, Al Moran wrote:

Hmm. I thought an inducer fan was 110 volts, and the board just turns on or off the power to the inducer fan. How could that damage the fan?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

if its a 2 stage furnace
That explains a bit.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Comfort and energy savings

I'd argue energy savings. Any way you slice it, a certain amount of BTU's must be used to raise the room temperature to a desired set point. On low fire, it'll just run longer. Don't believe otherwise.
--
Respectfully, Bob

I suspect the heat exchange would be slightly more efficient at the lower speed. But I can't argue that it would probably be hard to come up with a big enouhg number that anyone would care about.
Bob_Loblaw wrote:

It's better for both comfort and economy to raise the temp slowly. So it tries first at a lower speed.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I got almost the same problem. According to the technician, draft inducer motor got shortened and took out the relay on the circuit control board. However, I found the fuse on the control board was perfect. How comes the fuse didn't protect the relay on the board? Could some explain the puzzle for me? Thanks.
On Dec 10, 12:31 pm, "Stormin Mormon"