Pirate R22

Page 2 of 3
On 10/6/2012 5:42 PM, Dhg wrote:

I deal with Indian tech support all the time. It can be a lot of fun for me to use my Indian accent to talk to them. I would really like to learn some Hindi and Urdu especially the curse words. I could get on a call with on of my Indian tech support critters and scream Hindi curse words at a nonexistent helper off to the side then go back to the phone and apologize for the interruption and my incompetent assistant who's parentage is questionable. I was doing some work at an auto parts store a while back and the manager was having a great deal of trouble getting a scanner to work thanks to her thick country accent not being understood by the Indian tech support monkey. I got on the phone with them and got the call kicked upstairs to U.S. based tech support which you can always request. I told the manager, "I got a White woman in American on hold for you." It took 5 minutes to get things working after that. ^_^
Oh, by the way, my college major was Physics. ^_^
TDD

Then You should have a good understanding of Thermo. The Physics Dept does a better job with science than Engineering.

And he never had an original idea that wasn't a product of his wifes. You should pick your heroes more circumspectly.

Einstein's work is a product of his wife ? It's news to me. No hero just a Scientist. Once Einstein walked into an open manhole. He had flaws as he would admit.
On 10/6/2012 9:18 PM, Dhg wrote:

His Serbian wife was the brains in that family. The dumb shit had a big crank that convinced her to pass his simple algebra exams at the Swiss Technical Academy. Ever hear what happened to his daughter...Like who paid the bills? Maybe you should read up on Lawrence of Lawrence/Livermore labs...And his brother who started the radiation lab at Berkley in roughly 1938... Oh yeah...There was a real Nobel prize award for real work that was accomplished several years prior to 1938. Einstein and his whole family were Gentile haters and used every opportunity to con the rest of humanity. If you want Jews to admire..Look to Admiral Hyman Rickover, Barry Goldwater and others who have truly earned their plaudits and not by slieght of hand.

There is plenty of racism in the early years. I don't really care what breed they are. My view of race is the DNA trail starts with one race and when you mix a move and 20,000 years you get another. One Jewish person I admire is Carl Sagan. More human in my view. Good Books from him.
On 10/7/2012 7:39 AM, Dhg wrote:

Have you read his book..."CONTACT"...? Makes a lot more sense then the sorry-assed movie they made of it.
On 10/6/2012 9:18 PM, Dhg wrote:

Most folks have no idea that he and a former student invented and patented an absorption refrigerator. "The Einstein-Szilard Refrigerator". Einstein was also involved with the development of a hearing aid. I wonder if he and Tesla ever crossed paths? ^_^
TDD

Nicola Tesla was also a Serbian. Maybe you should study Szilard's accomplishments. He did *NOT* hold Einstein in high regard.
As for absorption refrigeration... Some Frenchy laid claim to that ...long before Einstein was born.

On 10/10/2012 9:13 PM, PaxPerPoten wrote:

I wrote "patented an absorption refrigerator." not "patented THE absorption refrigerator." There is a difference. Perhaps I should have written "patented a type of absorption refrigerator.". I have never read much about Le Szilrd but I'll have to remedy that. I have read a great deal about Tesla who's an unsung hero of technology from the 20th Century who's inventions have touched us all. It's been said that Edison had a better publicist. ^_^
TDD

The loudest squeak gets the oil.;-)

On 10/6/2012 8:30 PM, PaxPerPoten wrote:

Well hell, let's drag out Tesla vs Edison for Pete's sake! O_o
TDD

No comparison... I have just about every design made by Tesla in book form. Amazing what one can accumulate over many years.

I'll admit, I've never been to England. Not sure if I can or ever have spoken English.
wrote in message
I have a real problem with folks who were born in the U.S. and can't speak or understand English. O_o
TDD

It's been 20 years since a pirates winning season. Perhaps by 22. ?? Return at 22 R22 Raise the Jolly Rodger.
Greg
On 10/6/2012 10:07 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Perhaps it should be call The American Language since there are a few differences between it and English. At least it's not Welsh. ^_^
TDD
Americans also are not a homogenous, monolithic society, either.
Walk into a black bar, and ask "you dig?" and then ask the same question in a bar full of white construction workers.
Same deal, but ask "Show right, home?" in a black bar, and then a bar full of white realtors.
Ahm done! (Lucky, I'm not a chef. That could hurt. Ouch, hurts just thinking of it.)
Perhaps it should be call The American Language since there are a few differences between it and English. At least it's not Welsh. ^_^
TDD

Mormons are not allowed to drink. Backslider. Bishop Alert. You are caught.
If you treat a Black like an Idiot they will know it if they are not. If you just use your normal language and not try to fake it they will not be insulted.

I'll have to agree that some UK and Irish TV is hard to follow.
Big cultural differences, also. I've heard that a lot of TV from there, is based on a lot of things that Americans don't understand, never had it explained to us.

I'll have to agree that some UK and Irish TV is hard to follow.