Ping Steve, Energy Management Related

We wound up in Tupelo today for a service call on a Web connected energy management system made by GridPoint where all thermostats are replaced by control modules connected by Cat5 network cable back to the electrical room where the system also controls the lighting inside and outside the store. The tech support rep could even tell me the amp draw of the heat pump package units on the roof. This stuff is tied in with Siemens IntesisBox controls to interface with the building's power system. I don't know if you're familiar with that sort of equipment and why on earth they had to call us to drive from Birmingham to fix it. I figured there must be someone in that area who can work on the stuff. I think I read you were in Mississippi somewhere but I don't remember what part of the state you're in and I pretty sure with your level of knowledge and experience you'd be able to service those systems. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Actually, your 125 or so miles closer to Tupelo than I am. I am abot 10 miles southwest of Hattiesburg.

Reply to
Steve

Well darn, you're closer to the big water. We had quite a wind on the roof yesterday and I'll bet you're getting or have been blown around by Tropical Storm Debby. Is most of your work residential or a mix? The folks who developed the IntesisBox also produce equipment for home HVAC systems. I was curious if you have ever come across it in any of the buildings/homes you work on? ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I do resi almost exclusively. Mid to high end system replacements, service, maintenance, repair, etc.... with either Honeywell VP8000 or IAQ controls.

I didn't get much of anything from Debbie... I'm 60 miles from the coast.

Reply to
Steve

Them dang evil rich folks gotta be cool too. Ever since my friend GB died last Fall, I've done very little residential AC work so I'm stuck with big commercial and institutional systems. I guess I'm lazy because to me, commercial systems are easier to service even if I have to do a lot of climbing but I can fart when I want to because the wind on the roof will blow the green fog away. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Green? Mine are orange. Must be my diet?

What French military man had to replace his trousers? Napoleon Blownafarte.

.

Them dang evil rich folks gotta be cool too. Ever since my friend GB died last Fall, I've done very little residential AC work so I'm stuck with big commercial and institutional systems. I guess I'm lazy because to me, commercial systems are easier to service even if I have to do a lot of climbing but I can fart when I want to because the wind on the roof will blow the green fog away. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon