pellitaire junctions

Went out today to service a small wine cooler. Find out, it's got electronic circuit on it, not a freon system. Hmm. Well, can't do much with that.

Stop at Walmart, to pick up some things. On the way through housewares, I look at small fridges. And they have one for $59 which has much the same thing.

From what I can figure, someone made it cheap enough to make a pelitaire junction, and now they are on Walmart shelves.

Any good web sites on these? And where to get some training?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well, you could Google it, I did when someone asked me about it for some new equipment. Back in 1979, I worked with a control systems engineer who used them for cooling a control cabinet that had to be sealed from the outside environment and the solid state cooler was perfect for that. The cold side had a fan and the hot side was a very large widely spaced aluminum fin assembly exposed to the dusty outside air. Imagine trying to use a regular AC deep inside a coal mine. A while back, the best Peltier thermoelectric cooler modules on the consumer market came out of Russia. Perhaps they had once been built for military use.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Yes, google can be my friend. I've seen these things advertised in 12 volt camping coolers. Ice chest kind of thing.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon