P H Charts

I'm a student in HVAC-R and we are being introduced to the P H charts not understanding it. is there a web site that can help break down the understanding of this step by step. please help.

Here is a very good site. http://www.dontdieearly.com/ph-level/ph-level-charts.htm
-zero
On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 08:03:03 -0600, "Christopher Chance Knight"

Just a shot in the dark here but Im guessing you are a student? Also guessing that you are a student being taught by a teacher/professor? Final guess is that you are paying, or your parents are paying for that teacher/professor to teach you? My question would be: Why dont you ask the teacher before class, after class, email, on the weekend or whenever to clarify it for you? Bubba
I did ask the professor about explaining it in more detail and kinda got the run around. it is near the end of the semester.

chart itself?
Definition: The negative log of the concentration of Hydrogen Ion.
Chart: 1 - 6 being acidic, 1 being the strongest. 8 - 14 being alkaline (or basic), 14 being the strongest 7 being neutral
The chart is there for your convenience when using the test strips to indicate the level of acidity or alkalinity. What are you testing, furnace condensate, burnt out compressors?
HankG

He's checking the aquarium.
HVAC wrote:

Why? Got some homebrew aging in that?

The problem I'm having is plotting the information on the charts. I read through the Whitman and Modern books that I have but still having trouble understanding it. I'm also dsylexia so learing this is a little bit harder on me.

Are you talking about Mollier or pressure-enthalpy charts? Acid concentration is not generally needed for HVAC. Search "Mollier diagram" or "pressure enthalpy charts". Good luck Christopher Chance Knight wrote:

Dyslexia? You should learn from Stormy. If you do everything he says backwards, you'll be good to go!