Oval to Round Fittings Question

I have a first floor oval stackhead for a wall register in the bathroom. I used a set of calipers to get the internal dimensions of the oval, which measures about 2 in. X 6 1/2 in.

I need to re-route that particular duct in the basement because the original installation was sloppy and gets in the way of the soffit and ceiling I'm biulding.

I will use an oval-to-round 90 degree boot as part of a basement finishing project--to replace a sloppy, twisting run of 5 in. diameter round duct. However, no local stores carry oval boots.

Looking on line I find 90-degree boots (oval to round) listed in sizes ranging from 5 in, to 6 in, to 7 in. The dimensions of the ovals are not listed--only what I assume to be the round sizes.

Does anyone having experience with oval sizes know which 90-degree boot would match the 2 in. X 6 1/2 in. oval?

Thanks!

Dean

Reply to
..

5"
Reply to
KJPRO

Thanks, KJPRO.

I'll order >

Reply to
..

Why yes we did, thanks. Hope everything works out. :-)

Reply to
KJPRO