OT, In A Way

Page 2 of 2
On 10/19/2011 8:24 PM, .p.jm.@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

<snip>
I totally agree.
And each individual , if they're

And that is enough.
I don't know how old you are, but as I get older, my connection and what I can do for the people around me gets stronger. It's less about me.
What you find is that there are some you can help, and it is productive. Some you help and it is wasted. And some you just have to stand by.
Getting back to the breathing as many years as possible. I have a number of friends in their 70's and 80's. And when you get to that age you have a fuller life than much of the "youth". They are all busy: Steve at 81 teaches acrobatics and performs as often as possible, Harry at 75 is always up to something and walks around 5 miles a day, Ilia at 72 still takes important pictures (including some from the tops of tall buildings under construction).
But the limitations of what you can do, and when you need to slow down, are more real. Dying at 71, for someone so active, is a shame. The lesson, such as it is, is for us to know when to back off a bit so we can do more later. It's not easy.
I think TDD has handled this exactly right, but life never turns out exactly the way you want it.
I don't wish to touch off an endless thread. Just leave this lie and pick up any differences you have with me somewhere else. I won't respond.

The key to sucessful living is to find good balance between work, play, family, relaxation, excersise , and ones personal relationship with God .

What I tell people about my friend is, he was a 71 year old recovering juvenile delinquent who was trying to become the best man he could be. He finally figured out he had friends and family who cared about him and should do right by them. His wife of 31 years is overwhelmed right now with everything going on that needs to be done. There is a memorial service this evening but I may not make it because one of our customers called with a furnace that's out. It's a little old lady with her kids and grand kids living in the house and she was one of our favorite old gals, 90 years old and still working. I have to head over there right now to repair her furnace that got flooded and ate the control board. I hope nothing else is wrong.
TDD

It takes a while to get through this. Once the have to be done stuff is taken care of, she'll need some looking after. This could be just a weekly lunch "date" at her place. Long time couples have a lot invested in their spouse and the void left needs some filling to temper the depression of loss.
You'll know what to do, but expect 6 months or so of transition. Time spent now pays dividends later.
Take care, j
There is a memorial