opinion required

Hi,

I am thinking about replacing my 17 year old furnace and had 3 different quotes from 3 company's. One is installing York, other is installing a Trane, and third one is installing Ducane. York and Trane is pretty close to each other in Price however Ducane is significatly lower.

So just want to get the general opinion of the experts out there out of 3 which would be more reliable over the long term.

PS: York and Trane are about 3500 to install and Ducane is about 2000

Thanks for the input.

Reply to
al

You gonna get what you pay for

Reply to
Noon-Air

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

OPINION REQUIRED!!!

It would be polite to ask, dontcha think?

Beings as how you are getting all three installed you can tell us later which one lasted! (or are you saying they are proposing to install?) :-)

On a much serious note, which one preformed a manual J & D? Which one asked questions and offered you different options? Which one is going to stand behind his work?

Which one has good references? Which one comes highly recommended?

You can pay now or pay later, but it's cheaper in the long run to pay now for a quality job!

kjpro

Reply to
kjpro

The Ducane I would rate at the bottom and the Trane usually at the top, The York I would usually put in the middle, but they have some new models that may equal Trane. I don't sell York and don't see much in my area anymore.

The installation is as important as the unit, but I USUALLY find that dealers selling cheap units do the cheapest (Sloppiest) job.

Ducane is made by a subsidiary of Lennox, but definately not as good as a Lennox.

Some people in this group HATE Lennox, But I LOVE it, it is my prefferred brand, with American Standard scond. American Standard owns Trane and is basically the sane except the cabinets are different.

Make sure your installing contractor does a load calculation and measures airflow when done. If your ducts are in an attic, garage or crawlspace, they should be sealed and insulated. Ducts in a basement that is conditioned usually dont need sealed. The contractor should check for hot and cold areas as well and do an air balance. In some instances you may want zoning also. These services are not cheap but mean a lot for your long term comfort , economy and reliability. Picking the most expensive contractor does not always mean the best job, but picking the cheapest will almost guarantee the sloppiest job.

"You don't always get what you pay for, but you don't get what you don't pay for!"

I have an article I wrote that I can email you on installing high efficiency. It was published in Contracting Business, April 1999. The title is "Deliver What You Promise" I need your email address with spaces around the @ and the dot.

Stretch

Reply to
stretch

Trane

Reply to
B-Hate-Me

ICP products

Reply to
kjpro

This combo is a guaranteed winner every time! :-)

kjpro

Reply to
kjpro

The only opinion that is required is your own.

Reply to
steve