operating cost calculator

it's been awhile since I've been in this group.
curious, is there a generic operating cost calculator - heat pump versus fossil fuel - that allows you to adjust you HP cut-off setting based on current fuel prices (electric compared against gas/oil/propane)
I found this, but it's an Excel file and formulated against a particular brand of equipment; also the efficiencies are a bit low to todays' standards.
http://www.northrefrige.ca/files/HVAC_Operating_Cost.xls
maybe I'll just have to tweak it and rerite it for WWW access with mySQL database for table storage, but I'm really too busy (maybe too lazy) to attempt it now - many customers of heat pump with gas furnace installations are requesting this "tool" especially those purchasing Carrier's Infinity systems.
ATTN: Paul you got something like this available? (cross-platform / cross-browser)
peace, G7W
Might want to become a member and check http://www.serviceroundtable.com/ They have all kinds of stuff in their archives.

it's been awhile since I've been in this group.
curious, is there a generic operating cost calculator - heat pump versus fossil fuel - that allows you to adjust you HP cut-off setting based on current fuel prices (electric compared against gas/oil/propane)
I found this, but it's an Excel file and formulated against a particular brand of equipment; also the efficiencies are a bit low to todays' standards.
-------
That's why I made my own...

BTW, those are current ICP models... up to 95% efficiency. So, I don't understand how they are low for today's standards? :-)
yeah, my bad - sory for that. I quickly scanned this spreadsheet and noticed the 65% 70% 75% as "base model options" as well as the highest SEER of 15 - that's about 6 year old data collection, SEERs (and HSPF) are higher now than what this .xls has available. The more efficient figures and calculations need to be included.
ICP model numbers - I'm not familiar with; this topic is not about ICP but whether there is a more "generic calculator" where not only fuel type/current costs can be "plugged in" but also equipment size/SEER/etc, blah blah.

care to share? or you're welcome for the link