Older Ruud Question / Blower Speed Related

Did some searching and have not been able to find diddly on this furnace. Its a older Rudd HR-80FD and it has always seemed to be underpowered as far as the blower is concerned. What can I look for to see if it has a variable speed blower that I can possibly increase? In the summer the temp from the central air seems quite cold, but the airflow is pathetic. Any input would be appreciated. If I could bump the blower speed up it would save me a service call.

Thanks!

Charlie.

Reply to
Fingerlakes

and just exactly what do you think bumping up the speed on the blower is going to do to your temp across the cooling coil? Amateurs............geez. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Charlie, You need to call a good tech! A lot of things can cause low airflow.

udarrell

Reply to
udarrell

I have PhD in History, not HVAC - hence the reason I'm here. Now if I had you come in and help me teach a class on Colloquium in United States History since 1865, I'm guessing I'll be calling you an amateur or worse..... ;)

Reply to
Fingerlakes

What do you think having no air flow is doing bubbs?

HAHA "amateur"

-Canadian Cool

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.8 Final Web @

----- ---- -- -

Reply to
Anonymous

It all has to do with the size of the A/C system, the size of the blower (cfm), model number of the unit supplying the air flow and the size of the ductwork..

Reply to
daytona°

I don't even recognize that model number... I need a serial number. I also didn't get the original post, I think his e-mail addy is in the killfile for some reason.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Generally an advanced degree in liberal arts only means that you don't have to wear the paper hat anymore when you ask "Do you want fries with that??"

FWIW, my database only goes back to 1961. I can't find that particular model number. Either the model number is incomplete, or its older than 1961. A serial number would be real nice. If your furnace is older than 25 years or so, then you can figure that it falls under the "Jurasic" era, and you will be money ahead to replace it.

Pay the service call, you probably have all kinds of other issues with the system.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Well then dufus you would have looked up the history before posting. You know like research there Dokter Fingeryourhole

Reply to
Tekkie®

On 31 May 2007 22:13:32 GMT, DANgER (dangerWhat do you think having no air flow is doing bubbs?

Its nice to see the way you diagnose shit. OP says air flow is bad so you immediately want to just go along and bump the speed up!? Dont worry DaNgER. Ductwork, filters, closed registers and god knows what else may be wrong with it but you are just going to automatically crank up the speed.

"amateur"? Hah. You are a junior cub scout in my league. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

A colloquium is a type of academic lecture. So you mean you want to teach a class about teaching US History since 1865?

Maybe you'll use facetious in a sentence next and just impress the hell out of us. Or maybe you are just kidding.

You get your Ph.D over the internet? The sad thing is we can fix your air conditioner and learn history. Even teach it. How about you try to leverage some return on that PH.D someone spent big bucks on. I suggest some preliminary research here:

Or maybe you need to get off the government dole and find a real job that pays enough so you can afford to call a repairman.

And before you get your panties in a bunch. Just be grateful you didn't say you were an EE.

Reply to
Bill

LOL

Reply to