OLD Rudd Furnace - Burner will not stay lit.

Page 2 of 4

Now Bob....... this is the wrong newsgroup for writing poetry!
"When Flame Sensors Go Bad...A Mormon Perspective" Is your flame sensor staying out late... hanging out with the wrong crowd... smelling of the demon alcohol... refusing to go to church?????
You know who you are. You've tried everything. You tried sandpaper, polishing, or even some early morning seminary classes with Brother Foggybottom. Nothing works. Your flame sensor still doesn't pull its load. Your gas valve sits there, unmotivated.
It's not just a case of personal worthiness, it's also a serious current flow problem. The electrons just aren't flowing. Or maybe they are being diverted through short circuits, sometimes known as self abuse. A trip to the Bishop for some electrical tape might be a temporary patch. Either that, or making him sleep with his hands tied to the bedpost.
When counselling, cold showers and singing church songs don't help, you need the HVAC technician's technique, that not even polishing the sensor with magic underwear (TM) can accomplish. No, not even a rabbit's lucky foot can accomplish what a HVAC technician can. You need to exercise your Molex, lube your electrical connections and then annoint wtih church approved WD-40 oil. If it's good enough for the Tabernacle, it's good enough for your home.
For further information, you're invited to write and send large ammounts of money for your FREE REPORT.
Send your cheque or money order to: Stormin Mormon Church of LDS (not LSD) Utah
Credit Card orders call 1-800-FUL-GOSP; a handling charge will be assessed, equal value to two Lamanite Gold Pieces.

Thank you sir! I found the problem.....and fixed it..... I'll post it in my last post.
Have a great life!
Jim

He'd have to find one first!
Excellent! So pleased for you.
It is a good life, but that's for another post.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Don't sweat it Jim, bob is our resident ass clown!
He wouldn't understand gas flow if his head were up his ass! Which it is most the time...
HAHA (bobby it sounds so gay when you type ROTFLMAO)
-Canadian Heat
On 27 Feb 2007 02:43:43 GMT, DANgER (danger< snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

Sorry DANgER-boi. The only resident clown around here is your slobskin ass. ......and ROTFLMAO isnt nearly as gay as your AWAWAW BAWAWAWA HAHAHA shit you type. Bubba

What I do is tape a road flare to the flamew sensor. It beats paying all that money to a pro to fix it right, right?
--
Respectfully, Bob

Hey BOOB, I bet you buy duct-tape by the case! I'd borrow one of your road flares but I know where they have been!
Just curious......do you know any Pro's Boob?
Cheers, Jim

Ya Jim...sure do, yuck yuck!! Stormin and Canada Heat! Why, they's just two of smartust dern fellers I've ever cum across, if ya know's whats I mean..wink wink, nudge, nudge... So tell us, Jimmy boy...where did ya'll learn to stick road flares up yer butt???
--
Respectfully, Bob

wrote

Geeze Bob that's way too much information for me. You really pulled that one out of the air... or some where?
Cheers, Jim
Bob_Loblaw wrote:

explosion.
For those of you that took the time to give a meaningful reply. I THANK YOU! This is the way newsgroups should work, to educate, learn, assist, humor, and provide support for others.
I figured out my problem it was a weak flame (pilot light). This one should be added to your "HVAC- I Can't Believe It" book.
I did not call-in a tech. I am not sure how much it would have cost me or how long it would have taken to attempt the repair. Some maybe 5 minutes, others like Bob may have taken days. (I can just hear him now, the duct tape is on back order, can't do my thing until then.)
OK, looking back the pilot flame was at 70-75% of what it should be (or what it is now in working state). Last night, while I was at the furnace I asked my girl friend to go turn on all the burners on the gas stove to see if it had a problem. I have a foot injury and can barely walk. She returned and said the stove is fine. This morning at 5:30 AM, I got up to jump start the furnace with my candle stick lighter and was unable to get the main burners to stay lit. A bit puzzled I hoppled out to the kitchen, put a large pot of water on the stove to boil for humidity and a bit of heat. I noticed a reduce flame on the stove! I went out to the gas meter and found a layer of ice about 1/8 to thick covering the bottom half of the face of the meter. I positioned my turbo kerosene heater near the meter and 5 minutes later the furnace was working fine. Due to my foot injury I did not shovel near the meter in the back yard. The sleet and some melting snow had formed a layer of ice on the ground. The snow on the roof was melting and dripping down to ground. Where the drops hit the ground it formed a small unfrozen canal holding water. The drops splashed on to the face of the meter where they froze and slowed the gas flow.
Cheers,
Jim

You're forgetting one thing though Jim. We really really dont give a flyin fuquer what you did. Luckily or unluckily you didnt blow up the gas meter. Maybe if we are all lucky, you will find a way to do that next time. Cheers, Bubba

LOL, if ya didn't care then why did you read my post?
Hey maybe you, Bob LoBlow, and kjpro can all form your own circle jerk! Careful where you sit thought, Bob likes to hide those flares.
Cheers, Jim

You're the only "Jerk" here... well, I shouldn't leave out Chris...
But I thought you were leaving?

Its like this Jim. Its entertainment. Again, to tell you the truth, I dont care what your mess looks like because "I cant see it from my house" and I dont care if yours is working or not because you know what? "Its nice and comfortable at my home". Bubba

Sorry Bubba.... But you are not my type, go check out that guy that carries duct tape and flares.
Cheers, Jim

My bad Jim. I knew that one would be way over your head. I guess you are one that needs to be spoken to a lot more S-L-O-W-L-Y. Bubba