Old Lennox AC with New Bryant furnance

Hi,
I want to get a new Bryant high efficiency furnace to replace the old Lennox one (maybe 35+ years). But the current furnace has an AC (evaporator C16 & outdoor condensing unit HS18). I wonder if it's ok to use the old AC with new Bryant furnace?
BTW: I also have a quote for a new Lennox furnace (5-year labor warranty), but it's $1500 high than the Bryant one (but only 1-year labor). Is the Lennox one worthwhile?
Thanks!
John

Not a problem.

If you like to waste your money.
I'd suggest to get the Bryant, and bank a couple bucks for emergencies.
As to using the old AC, it should work. Of course, they will try to sell you a new one. The old ones are less efficient. But, the tech should take the cover off the old one, clean it with water and chemicals. To strip the exterior coils and fins clean. The evaporator may also need cleaning.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

oh no he still here. I decided you're too much fun to ignore. And not because its the popular thing to do (:---[

"should work"
Are you not sure? LOL
On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 22:05:18 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Id suggest someone strip you down to your birthday suit, give you a good chemical cleaning with muratic acid followed by a caustic solution paste bath and then a good belt sanding with 80 grit paper. Maybe, just MAYBE THEN you'd shut the fuck up. Bubba
Good advice. Is this a good chance to get evaporator cleaned? I guess they have to remove the furnace to access it. Think I better ask them to look at the outdoor unit next summer.

I spent several years as a HVAC installer. Most of the time, it's possible to install a new furnace under an existing AC without too much trouble. Some sheet metal work.
However, during a furnace install is a good time to clean the evaporator. A good HVAC guy can pump the freon into the condensor, valve it off, and then remove the evaporator for cleaning. It's also very possible the evaporator will come out enough to clean it with the freon tubes still atached. It's specific depending on your installation situation.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Painfully obvious you've never done any of the above on your own and especially not correctly. Maybe a belt sanding to the front of your face and not stopping till it makes its way all the way through to the back of your skull. Then a good skull fucking from an elephant should top you off quite nicely. Bubba

And still didn't learn anything.

What if his unit has Aeroquip fittings?

bahahaha Please dont give Stormy such hard words next time. Bubba
IMHO, Lennox is overpriced,overengineered,proprietary crap, sure it works , But Dave is Awfully proud of it ;-) around here we call em "lemonexs" im sure i'll spark another debate about which brand is better but the key thing to remember is the installation is the key to longevity the worst brand properly installed will last longer than the best brand improperly installed id get some more quotes . and look into some different brands as well
and i would seriously consider getting new ac while you are at it it will be much easier and cheaper to have it replaced now than later besides the unit have now is not much better than 8 seer ,and im gonna guess close to 12 years old dont make much sense to slide a brand new furnace under a twelve year old coil
but thats your decision to make , maybe your in a part of the world where you only need ac two weeks a year ;-)
shop around some more

In my humble opinion, I would replace the entire system, get the 10 year, extended parts and labor warranty. There are several other brands out there, that I feel are better quality. Do some more shopping around... A correctly sized, properly installed system will save you a lot more money in the long run. No its not going to be free, or even cheap....but you will get what you pay for in the form of quiet, efficient, comfort.