oil hot water heater CONVERSION for pool heater

i have a duraclad aosmith oil fueled hot water heater. it is glass lined. i want to run my pool water through it without introducing iron to the water. the iron would stain the plaster.
how do i determine the heat exchanger ?
i suppose i could cut it open and insert a stainless steel or aluminum heat exchanger. is that reasonable approach ?
140,000 btu/ga. oil is a pretty good way to heat the pool. my house has oil too, so the supply will be easy.
catapult posted for all of us...

Hey spud, just run it without the water in it and when the flames shoot out then you won't have to bother to cut anything and you could line with with adobe.