Oil Furnace Popping Noise

Lately when the oil furnace shuts down I hear a single popping noise. It always occurs at the end of the cycle. Does it sound like the nozzle needs to be replaced or could it be something else?
TIA Art

Yeah, I heard it all the freakin way over here. It is an extremely dangerous condition. You outta change the furnace out before your house blows up. Bubba

its something else

Geeeeez Nooner! Can't you post something intelligent for a change?? You're starting to look like...well....the rest of us....those you critisized a few weeks backs for doing the same thing as you're doing now! Looks like you've fallen into the same abyss as the rest !
--
Respectfully, Bob

Is the sound at the end of the burner cycle or the end of the blower cycle?
Unicycle or Bycycle..;o)

daytona wrote:

It is at the end of the burner cycle.
BTW - I cleaned the air filter and checked for loose panels.
Art
Have a Pro - tune it up and check it out with an analyzer for CO2, stack temp and air/fuel setup...all done with one analyzer. Also the Pro should check oil pump pressure to make sure it is on the money....and no doubt an oil filter and nozzle should be on the to do list Once this performed you should see a savings in oil consumption

Mr. Ain't Smart,
A tune up will PAY FOR ITSELF in efficiency.
So you have a CO2 or Oxygen tester? Do you have a pressure tester? What about a spot tester, or an electronic efficiency tester? Did you know that if your oil furnace is off by just 4% and you have a $2000 foot home that the average savings in fuel consumption will EXCEED the normal national average for a fuel oil tune up and also make your furnace last longer? Its evident you didn't know this.
Trying to do anything to an oil furnace without the proper tools is about the stupidest thing possible... seriously, I'm not poking fun about this, its NOT possible to set up a fuel oil furnace without knowing Draft, draft over fire, ,oil pressure, flame patterns, smoke spot check. CO2 test, Oxygen test, check valve test etc etc etc.

geoman wrote:

Is that $2000 a sq foot or linear foot? :)
Ops, looks like I 'ain't smart' too LOL
2000 sq foot home.

Do you have any idea how dificult it is to buy shoes for square or linear feet? I mean, at least with cubic feet you can use cardboard boxes.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.