oil furnace low water cut-off

Hi,
I've been having problems with my oil furnace. I installed a programmable thermostat and every time the furnace has to heat 4-6 degrees the low water cut-off switch trips. My plumber replaced the switch but the issue continues to happen. The is enough water in the system but what I noticed is that after heating for awhile the water starts going low and fluctuating which causes the lockout. As soon as the furnace stops the water level "calms down" and climbs up to the normal level. Is there any way this could be remedied as my plumber seems to be out of ideas?
Thank you in advance!
Steam or hot water?

--
D.A.D.D. - Daddies Against Dirty Diapers

my exact question...... Need more inforamtion

daytona wrote:

It's steam. The furnace is a Peerless WBV boiler, aprox. 7 years old.
Thanks
Power's Mechanical wrote:

Sounds like someone has a dirty steam boiler. Time for a bit of cleaning and skimming. Bubba

You need to get it serviced, cleaned and skimmed. Steam boilers really need a pro every year. You might find someone qualified in your area if you ask on The Wall at www.heatinghelp.com

--
D.A.D.D. - Daddies Against Dirty Diapers

TROLL

Call a real tech.
I think you summed it up correctly. This furnace was cleaned yearly by a plumber. Apparently it needs a bit more than a wire brush...
Thank you for all your replies.