Oil Furnace

How much TU would I need to heat a house with over 1700 Square Feet.
Is 100,000 BTU furnace sufficient?
Thanks.
Shoebox Services wrote:

Hi, At what efficiency? And your location?
An average house with no basement and its located in Kingston, ON Canada

Oh, then thats 52,323.67 BTU's. Add the typical fudge factor and that'll be 152,323.67 BTU's.
But the above only applies if the garage and master bedroom both face South on a slab over a insulated basement.
Call a contractor pay him to run a load calculation.
Thanks for all of your silly answers. I will call the Furnace company. We just moved into a new home and we were just wondering.

Not so silly when a little homework on your part would have determined there was more to it.

Unfortunately for you, alt.hvac is not the place for such DIY or homeowner type questions. You would do better to post such questions in alt.home.repair.

Depends on what color and how many coats of paint you have on your house. Is that with or without the doors open?
Don't call a local contractor. They'll want to charge you money to figure it out.
Shoebox Services posted for all of us...

How much money ya got?

It depends on how many Thermal Units you need to heat your home and how fast the Thermal Units escape from the house.
-zero