Oil Furnace

How much TU would I need to heat a house with over 1700 Square Feet.

Is 100,000 BTU furnace sufficient?

Thanks.

Reply to
Shoebox Services

Hi, At what efficiency? And your location?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Reply to
Shoebox Services

Depends on what color and how many coats of paint you have on your house. Is that with or without the doors open?

Don't call a local contractor. They'll want to charge you money to figure it out.

Reply to
Sid

Oh, then thats 52,323.67 BTU's. Add the typical fudge factor and that'll be 152,323.67 BTU's.

But the above only applies if the garage and master bedroom both face South on a slab over a insulated basement.

Call a contractor pay him to run a load calculation.

Reply to
Sid

Thanks for all of your silly answers. I will call the Furnace company. We just moved into a new home and we were just wondering.

Reply to
Lynne

Not so silly when a little homework on your part would have determined there was more to it.

Reply to
Sid

Unfortunately for you, alt.hvac is not the place for such DIY or homeowner type questions. You would do better to post such questions in alt.home.repair.

Reply to
Mike H

Shoebox Services posted for all of us...

How much money ya got?

Reply to
Tekkie®

It depends on how many Thermal Units you need to heat your home and how fast the Thermal Units escape from the house.

-zero

Reply to
-zero