off topic , maybe ???? diy heater

hi, i am after plans on how to build a heater from a used hot water service , i came across plenty of diy info ages ago, but for some reason , i cannot find a thing now ......there are plenty water , heaters/ boiler designs , but all i want is a heater for warming myself up. any body got any info / links ?

thanks, mark k

Reply to
mark krawczuk

You didn't state your skill level. This one is the simplest and best suited for beginners.

-zero

Reply to
-zero

Residential electric hot water heaters do not have the btu capacity to heat much space when used as a source of hvac heat. Plus they were never intended for the sort of duty cycle that would be imposed on them if you tried to use one. If that's not enough you are still using resistance electric heat as your source and it is the most expensive heat source in most areas. You'd be better off just running resistive heat in a forced air handler. There is no magic heat for free. Laws of energy conservation definitely apply in the hvac world :-)

Reply to
jamesgangnc

If all you want to do is warm yourself perhaps all you need do is join "tubgirl". Im sure that would keep you warm. Would you like the link? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

NO PLEASE I BEG OF YOU NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reply to
Tekkie®

BWAAA get toasty fast!

Reply to
Tekkie®

yeah , real fukin funny.

wanker

mark krawczuk

hmmm, i suppose i should have said i wanted to burn wood in it.

all i want is plans to build a heater using a hot water service, using wood as a fuel.

no smart arse comments .

Reply to
mark krawczuk

smarts arse wanker.

Reply to
mark krawczuk

they already have such a thing, but *most* have not used wood since the turn of the last century..... its called a BOILER

FWIW, maybe you should be looking in survivalist type news groups. Everybody here is into stuff that is a bit more modern and up to date.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Reply to
Bubba

All you should get are "smart arse comments" when you have no sense of humor and most importantly are unable to articulate a question that does not require mind reading skills.

Maybe a good wank or two would improve your disposition. You'll need a thicker skin when your total technical summary for equipment is "a used hot water service" and a description of the equipments application is, " to warm myself ".

I found all sorts of DIY for old water heaters (if that's what you're talking about) on my first search.

No one worth there salt will dance around you by asking you numerous questions and make you the center of attention/Queen for a day.

Other then the lack of humor and articulation, it DOES appear you approve of DIY scenarios.

So here's your DIY instructions for finding what you want on-line:

-zero

Reply to
-zero

Screw you you top posting fundie idiot, what a maroon....

Reply to
Tekkie®

I associated the name of this top posting fundie idiot with nurze rachet...

Reply to
Tekkie®