Off Topic Maglite conversion

Curiousity got to me so I had to do it. I stopped at Lowes today for a project I was doing and noticed the "Nite Ize" 2AA mag lite conversion for $8.95 at the check-out isle. It replaces the tail cap of the flashlight with one that has a pushbutton on/off switch. It also replaces the reflector and the mini-bulb with one that has 3 LED's. Just to let anyone know that wants to do this I have my own "review". If you want a light that is brighter than the original, then this may not be what you want. It is definitely a whiter light but not really a brighter light. It really doesnt have much of any focusing either. The on/off tail switch doesnt really have a positive feeling. Kind of weak or mushy. Im sure the batteries will last much longer than with the original mini-bulb and the LED's will last "foreverish". All in all its not bad but just not something to write home about. Bubba

I have a "head light" that has 4 LEDs and 3 triple A batteries... has a band that has spring loaded coil, Its great for working in attics, dark furnace closets, etc and "hands free" too :-)

be adjusted. I got it online from and outdoor store. Cant remember right now. Diamond or something like that? Not sure what your spring loaded coil is? Bubba

The head band winds itself back up into the light when you take it off....no elastic

Ive got this one: http://www.northernmountain.com/detail/502879?src=froogle Bubba

THis is the one I use... much smaller, works great. http://www.altrec.com/shop/detail/15935/TZL/

I'm not going to get rid of my AA mini Mag but I also find that an LED headlamp comes in handy. Mine has 3 LEDs and a Zenon bulb with 3 light levels. Great for walking across roofs at night or working in darkened areas.
http://news.thomasnet.com/images/large/2004/04/450372.jpg
RSCamaro posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

--
My boss said I was dumb and apathetic.
I said I don't know and I don't care...

No, can't say that I do. My headlamp really does come in handy at night though. The beam, although not as bright as the mini Mag is directional and it leaves your hands and mouth free to do the work.
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:22:21 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (RSCamaro) wrote:

    Not even gonna touch that one .....

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com /
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:36:38 GMT, .p.jm@see_my_sig_for_address.com wrote:

Thanks, my wife and I both appreciate it. :-)
The mouth part was when you're up on the roof in the black of night bitchin' yourself out for even going up on a roof to make repairs for some inconsiderate national, world wide, or hospital customer. Especially if the problem was known way before the end of the day and thet didn't get around to calling you before it became an "emergency".
On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 23:57:12 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (RSCamaro) wrote:

    Locals can be just as bad.
    I'll never forget one call-out - blizzard, radio stations screaming 'Stay home, you fools ! Stay home ! This one's BAD !'.
    So, of course I get a call, at 7 PM. Normally 30 minutes drive time, took over 2 hours. Get up on the roof in the blizzard, almost lost the ladder, wind in my face, the whole bit.
    Bad inducer motor - locked up. Took it out and went inside the store to try to un-freeze it, and my fingers, which were numb.
    The lady told me I would have to do that in the parking lot, because she was going to close the store and go home to cook dinner. Basically 'how dare I delay her leaving work at her usual time ?'.
    I explained to her that I would be happy to let her close up, and continue working on the fan motor in my hand - at my shop, in the morning, or maybe the next day after that if the roads were bad :-)

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com /
sounds like time to sell a new oner and have it fed exed butt the big wigs mite fire her if that was did