Odd Terminals on AC Compressor

Page 2 of 2
Listen to his advice and replace the compressor or get a new unit. I have seen a number of people get hurt when the terminal block has blown.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

This is caused by one of the pins being loose? Why would a loose pin increase the chance the compressor will short?
I can see why it might burn the pin off like the connectors have been doing but I don't understand why it would cause the compressor to short internally.
-- Ken

It may or may not cause an internal short. But one thing's for sure. It isn't supposed to be loose. Loose connections can short to ground. You don't want to be near it if it does.
--
Respectfully, Bob

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 22:00:04 -0500, Ken Hall

Ken, Nevermind. Dont listen to all of us idiots in here. Your compressor will be fine. Just get some superglue and all will be well. Your medical insurance IS paid up, isnt it? Bubba
On Mon, 17 Jul 2006 23:15:00 -0500, Ken Hall

at the replacement connector store, of course..............silly. Bubba