Odd Terminals on AC Compressor

Page 1 of 2
My Amana AC failed late today. I found the terminals had burned off of the compressor connections. The compressor connections are three 1/8" diameter by about 5/8" long rods sticking out -- they look sort of like banana plugs without the spring part. So far I haven't found anybody who has replacement female sockets for these.
Is this a common arrangements and where do I find replacement connectors?
-- Ken
get a set of "Term-Lock" wires

yea...what he says

Okay, I installed a set of Term-Loc wires on the unit.
Two of the three posts, though corroded (I cleaned them with a small wire brush and sandpaper) were solidly connected to the compressor. The third post moved/wiggled when I grabbed it with my fingers.
The wires have burned off this compressor about 10 time in the 12 years it has been in service. Does this wiggly post suggest that, even with the Term-Loc's, it's likely to burn off at the compressor body? If so, what's the fix for this?
-- Ken

There's a phenomenon known as "terminal venting" which can happen when a compressor shorts out. The area where the 3 pins are will rupture, spewing hot oil and sometimes fire if it ignites. Imagine you or your kids walking past when this happens. The fix is quite simple. Get a crowbar. Pry open your wallet. Buy a new A/C.
--
Respectfully, Bob

Can't wait until 410a is in full swing when one of these babies blow.............................:o(
wrote

It might be prudent to carry an extra pair of underwear in the truck from now on LOL I had an R22 compressor vent on me when I was a rookie It was tripping the breaker, so I asked the homeowner to reset it while I went outside to watch it( I said I was new...stop laughing....) It scared the living fuck out of me....but I'll never make that mistake again! I was covered in oil... luckily it didn't ignite. Then, to top it off, the homeowner runs outside, looks at me, and screams "What did you do??!!"
Respectfully, Bob
The one that got me, I was taking apart a window shaker. Scrapping it out for parts. Well, I heated a braze fitting, and it blew flame all over me. Silly me hadn't recovered ALL the charge, it was still under pressure.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Contact with acids liberates very toxic gas
Respectfully, Bob
wrote

wrote

You're glad??!! LOL!! Don't throw away your hammer and chisel. Your co-workers will want them, to carve messages on your forehead when attempting to communicate with you.
--
Respectfully, Bob

wrote

Very interesting however if you are to use my tools you would need another 10 years of college
Respectfully! DIDO

Dido, you couldn't pour piss out of a boot, if the instructions were written on the heel!
--
Respectfully, Bob

knowledge to be used properly. Bubba
wrote

10 years of college??? What about your 7 years of high school? Doesn't that count for anything?

Dido thinks high school is a school on top of a hill.......
--
Respectfully, Bob

Oscar_Lives posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

arithmetic major
--
Tekkie

LOL! He fondly remembers his best five years in school........grade three!
--
Respectfully, Bob