No Voltage at Thermostat

My AC worked fine this AM and later in day blowing warm air. The outside unit did not turn on. I checked and reset the circuit breakers in the garage including the one on the blower---did nothing. I could not find any circuits near the compressor/fan unit, just a disconnect pull out which I reseated. Since I had a crappy thermostat, I replaced it which did nothing. I checked for voltage between the R wire to the white wire and the R wire to the green wire….no voltage at all.
So I've read to check for a blown fuse near the plenum near the blower. I did find an electrical box but did not see any fuse.
The heat and humidity here in S. FLA is getting brutal. Sure hope all here can advise something constructive. I prefer not to pay an AC guy who will charge 100s.
Most of us here are AC guys. And you want to come onto our forum, and ask for ways to cheap us out of the money and wisdom we worked so hard to get?
Go take a jump at yourself. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
message My AC worked fine this AM and later in day blowing warm air. The outside unit did not turn on. I checked and reset the circuit breakers in the garage including the one on the blower---did nothing. I could not find any circuits near the compressor/fan unit, just a disconnect pull out which I reseated. Since I had a crappy thermostat, I replaced it which did nothing. I checked for voltage between the R wire to the white wire and the R wire to the green wire….no voltage at all.
So I've read to check for a blown fuse near the plenum near the blower. I did find an electrical box but did not see any fuse.
The heat and humidity here in S. FLA is getting brutal. Sure hope all here can advise something constructive. I prefer not to pay an AC guy who will charge 100s.
On 4/30/2013 5:44 PM, Jimmi328 wrote:

This is not a consumer friendly group, they are all professionals and don't like giving away their advice. I like to call them the Rodney Dangerfields of technicians.
I would try sci.electronics.repair or sci.electronics.basics Mikek
PS. Stormin must be having a bad day, he is usually the most helpful person here. Hope things get better Stormin.
I don't get no respect! This economy is killing us trades people. And, people walk into the room and ask us for free hints so they don't have to call a tech. They can go jump. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
I like to call them the Rodney Dangerfields of technicians.
I would try sci.electronics.repair or sci.electronics.basics Mikek
PS. Stormin must be having a bad day, he is usually the most helpful person here. Hope things get better Stormin.

Careful... you are likely to give the real professionals a bad name!

I think of them more as bar stool jockies myself.. They have way too much time on their hands to be "real".
No Body wrote:

If they didn't wish to share their wisdom and experience then they wouldn't be posting in a public forum. I have met some kind and helpful people here and some others who deliberately intended to be unhelpful. I wonder what they HVAC techs do when they have a problem outside of their specialty--do they reach for their phone, or do they consider whether they might be able to work it out without professional help?
If alt.hvac was not intended to be public then it wouldn't be. I mean, everyone who visits here knows it's public even before they read or post