No AC functions18-5 to Tstat and an 18-2 to compressor

Page 2 of 2

Or he doesn't have the thermostat configured correctly
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Stee reich one

Swing and miss

Strike three and you're outta here
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hmmm, Hunter is not so good 'stat either! Maybe it is already broken?!
Tony Hwang wrote:

What the heck do you know hunglow? Go away
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

OK... I've heard enough.
C does not belong connected anywhere on your thermostat. If you connected it, you likely fried the stat or blew a fuse on the unit.
R belongs on R. (24 V hot wire) W belongs on W. (Call for Heat) Y belongs on Y. (going to your outdoor unit calling for cool) G belongs on G. (call for fan)
C belongs on whatever wire other than Y is going to your outdoor unit... and nowhere on your stat.
Simple....
Jake

So simple that many thermostats have a "C" terminal.
Sorry Jake, but you're wrong on this particular subject.
His wiring *is* correct.
What's wrong with his particular system? My crystal ball says his indoor blower runs, but the condenser doesn't (weed wacker)?

Quote: Additional Info: Thermostat is a Hunter model 44110
The Hunter 44110 has no "C" connection
Programmable Thermostat
Y and C from the stat should fire up the outside ac unit, when y also connected at the ahu then it should make the indoors fan come on too

Look Sprintgeek I am not HVAC man but you got to admit you have screwed up royally before you have remove old unit you should have take pencil and paper check what each wire activates and market down at present no-one can tell you what goes away because in most cases color code does not apply so how can any one gave you right info. it would be beyond me who ever you get to fix your problem he will need to trace wires were to what are hook up befor hooking Tst.in lots luck. Tony

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

A clue? Brains? Wiring knowledge? general info? Telephone number?

You are welcome so little...