newly installed central ac

Page 2 of 3
"DANgER" <"danger"@heat.com wrote in message

Likely would use several...during the autumn harvest, perhaps...

If you only had a clue one...

Already got more profitable work than I can throw a stick at anyways.

DANg ( snipped-for-privacy@testiclefetish.com)

dang has plenty of work of a different kind. DANg ( snipped-for-privacy@testiclefetish.com) http://www.dam-hobos.com
--
dang\'s book of the month:
http://www.blogography.com/photos13/DumbassBook.gif
DANg ( snipped-for-privacy@testiclefetish.com) wrote:

http://www.dam-hobos.com Is that your specialty? Fluffer for them? Don't be shy dang. Is that what you are doing here? Trolling for hvacfella?
Is that really better than your old filter changing job dang? Or are the tips that good?
--
http://michellemalkin.com /

Well, you really haven't given enough information.... Like: Is there any insulation in your house? Are you having an issue with the temp. upstairs or downstairs?
Given that you have a guarantee to it will provide a 20 degree F differential, and it appears that the system isn't able to achieve that, you really just need to call the contractor back and say it's not working like it says it will in your contract. If recent means this past spring, they should be happy to sent someone over to fix whatever has failed. That's assuming there's language like "this brand spankin' new AC system will cool the entire interior of your home to achieve at least a 20 degree F differential below the local outdoor ambient temperature" You probably have nothing in writing that says that. You wouldn't be asking here if you did. If you push hard enough for the 20 degree F differential, they can perform a simple modification where they can guarantee the 20 degrees. Unfortunately, your house will be 20 degrees warmer inside than it is outdoors.
The other questions you ask.... "....what is the normal.... ....can it perform to cool...." are completely irrelevant. The only issue is what you contracted for. For the price you paid, the only conceivable work done was dropping a condenser outside, running a lineset, and modifying your existing air handler to accept an evaporator. What kind of thermostat did you get? They may need to replace it with a better one.
Oh.... And how is that foundation doing? Did you ever figure out how there was a 16 year difference between the age of the house and foundation? Maybe I was on to something about not having insulation.
First the heat don't work in your truck, and now the AC don't work right in your house.
Djavdet wrote:

And of course, you don't like the prices that you pay for anything.
Sort by relevance Sorted by date Is $500 too much to replace EVAP canister and vent control ... Group: alt.autos.nissan.maxima Hi I had to replace valvle and canister. Dealer wanted $600 for it, i figured that's too much and did it myself. It took me almost weekend but knowing what to do can take no more than 2 hours. valve cost $120 and canister $180 in my area. ... May 2 2006 by Djavdet - 3 messages - 3 authors

There is an insulation but i am not sure what kind.. did not build the house... i started looking at downstairs first and haven't come upstairs yet since have a problem here...

i have a contract saying designed 70 on a day 90 for cooling , is that good enough? and i guess it covers your joke about house being warmer 20 degees than outside huh? :-)

what else could they do? the guy came over i let him walking all over the house, he looked up the heating system sized the house and said it's all cool , we can do it! what else should i be asking him? the contractor assured me that they performed all needed sizing and calculations. in fact i had 2 different ones coming and magically their numbers matched... that's why i kinda trusted the last one and let them do the job.

no, they replaced old one with new wireless one, with all cool led display and nice buttons..

What are you talking about?
> First the heat don't work in your truck, and now the AC don't work right in

what's it have to do with my question? i even never had a truck, what are you talking about?

sure i don't who does? are you running some sort of background check on me? i thought i could get some real advice on the freaking cenral ac! D

So, being the temperature where you live was 94 degrees at 5:00 PM Friday, you are trying to say that the house was 89 degrees with your "only 5 degree difference" and you didn't open the windows until Mr. contractor could get there ?

LED's? Bet that eats batteries. You probably mean LCD.

Uhh... You bought the house in early 2004. It was supposedly built in '85.... That ring a few balls?

My bad. It's a Maxima. I guess that's not a truck. You had heat problems with it none the less.

But of course! That's the first thing that is done.

BTW: "How fast can you get 10F drop in your house?" isn't what you are after. Fast is bad, as usual. Also, think about the fact that the heating system is 12 years old. That means the original was replaced 10 years after the house was built. That should have told you something about what should have been done when you went to ADD AC to it.

Yes that's what i say about temperature in the house. contractor hasn't been back yet since i didn't call them trying to get more educated about central ac and what to expect and apply on the real situation in the house. no i did not open windows why? to make situation even worse?

yeah, sure it's my bad it's lcd.. interesting, you did not comment my story above? can you say anythig? is that how all contractors work or it's just my "cheapest" one? and there is alot more they usually do?

hmm it's about right, where is 16 year number's coming out from?

well at least you could get correct info first before start joking around... i don't care though.. as long as you provide any good info i'm interested in...

what for? are you doing it on everyone who posts in this group? why?

jeez, why are trying to guess what i'm doing instead of just ask me? if you think it's wrong group to post my question why didn't you simply say so? normally it's much better to ask in several different groups in related areas to get faster and broader information.

Not exactly. i asked about how fast the guy can cool the house down to compare what he has. so i could have at least some numbers.... yes i thought about 12 years old blower, so? according the contractor they did not do anything to it and i assumed that pressure the blower produces does not change after ac is installed or changes insignificantly, am i wrong? your guessed 10 years don't tell me anything, can you clarify what you mean by those "calculations"? designed lifespan for the heater 20 year. it says on the manuall.. are you suggesting that it is too old?
*> well at least you could get correct info first before start joking *> around... i don't care though.. as long as you provide any good info *> i'm interested in... http://home.howstuffworks.com/ac.htm
You'll need to learn what components are generally involved, only then will any discussion about them amount to anything useful to you.
After you've read and digested the above link, go here and explore:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=t&ie=UTF-8&rls=HPID,HPID:2006-18,HPID:en&q=how+air+conditioners+work
(this really should just be the alt.hvac standard signature line <g>) -zero

thanks for the link, 99% i already knew, did not help ... however the information about relation between pressure humidity and temperature is insteresting but still don't give much help... D

Ya know djavdet, You can fool some of the people all of the time but you cant fool me any of the time. You story is shit! If you had an A/C just installed and it wasnt coolingl right, your ass would be on the phone instantly, holiday or not. You bought a Goodman on the internet, you and a friend put it in and now it doesnt work right. You saved what you thought was a lot of money and got exactly what you paid for. Now spend that money you saved and have an actual HVAC company come in and fix your screw ups and shut the hell up. Yes, you can leave now. Bubba

hmm happy now? told me off huh? i did not lie a single line..how 'bout that? i 'm amazed, a plummer tells me "shut up"..ahh...i'll go hang myself.... D PS: what 'bout first time, did you believe me first time when you replied?

I might have but as your story stretches on I see you are just another whinner looking for a freebee. You have that rope tied up over a tree yet? Times a wastin. Bubba

nah, can't find cheapest contractor yet... and yeah, what's the rope respected brand should be? D
Djavdet wrote:

the house? FRESHIE!!! Does mean up the front over the roof then down the back?

And a shitty system; but boy you ARE impressed with the buttons & LEDS aye?

I do! I'm happy - I'm kool - in more ways then one...

I can't help it if your didn't pay enough
If you have everything on paper as to guarantee, record few days temperatures in side the house and outside and call your contractor back and if he does not make good on it, take him/her to court. Other guys that reply to you have better idea what you will need for that split of temperature and size of you house since I am not AC person. However I would say that you will need more like 4 ton or more. Good luck Tony www.cas-environ.com

Djavdet wrote:

I'm gone a few days and the no research idjits are overrunning the place. Who left the the skylight open?

Some guy named Tekkie... do you know him?
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

responsible when I'm not here. I thought you had the arsenal.

He did... but he forgot to flush