New Lennox XC15 Central A/C Problem (sort of)

I had the Lennox XC15 installed just last Thursday and noticed today that even though the A/C was on according to the thermostat display, the air coming out from the vents were nowhere nearly as cool as it had been. I went outside to check up on the A/C and noticed that there was absolutely no noise or humming coming from it. And there was no warm air coming out of the top of the A/C either.

So, I called the installation company and the owner himself came out to take a look. Turned out that the breaker in the A/C unit itself had gone off. I'm not talking about the breaker on the power panel for the house, but in the unit itself.

For the installation last week, the electrician had to access the power panel in the house and in it, he had installed a new breaker for the A/C electricity line and fed a new power line from it. The breaker for the A/C in the power panel in the house was just fine.

Just in case you're wondering, I don't have the temperature set low at all. I have it set at 24C/75F. It's still comfortable for us at that temperature in the house, so, that's what I have it at. So, it's not as though the A/C unit had been under alot of work at all, but still had the breaker go off like that.

So, the owner reset the breaker in the A/C unit and told me to call him if it happens again and will send out the electrician to run some tests to find the cause of the problem.

I have this suspicious feeling that it will happen again and was wondering if anyone in here might have an idea as to what might have caused this brand new unit's breaker to go off like that.

My A/C unit is on the side of my house which ends up being in the shade most of the time during the day.

Can this be just a bad breaker in the A/C unit? Or, something more serious? Anyone? Thanks for your time and courtesy.

Reply to
No Way

It's a week old and it's tripped a manual reset safety device.

Now, they need to investigate as to WHY it did so, otherwise you'll end up having the same issue very shortly.

Have any pictures of the installation?

Reply to
<kjpro

So is the "electrician" going to fix it or their best tech? Why did the owner come out? Why not the tech and have it fixed right then?

Reply to
Tekkie®

Dude, call the company back and get a tech that will at least investigate why the breaker tripped. You dont just reset a breaker and run. There is always a reason. It could be minor and it could be major. Get it checked properly. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba