New Condensor

I picked up a new heatpump condensor for a friend who is a heating contractor. To get it in my truck I had to tip sideways to haul it for about 15 minutes. I was unpacking it for him & found the bottom plate of the condensor was covered in oil. I know these are sealed systems. Is there any way oil could get there other than a leak?
Thanks, Earle
On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:59:43 GMT, "Earle Bailey1"

BWWWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! You are fucked!
Hey Earle,
If it's a Goodman or Amana, then no problem, it's left over after the manufacturing process.
If not, it may have to be returned to the distributor.
Earle Bailey1 wrote:

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:59:43 GMT, "Earle Bailey1"

Take it back immediately and demand a unit with an "oil-less" compressor. They gave you one of the old ones with bad oil in it. Bubba
Bubba posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

--
Tekkie