New Condensor

I picked up a new heatpump condensor for a friend who is a heating contractor. To get it in my truck I had to tip sideways to haul it for about 15 minutes. I was unpacking it for him & found the bottom plate of the condensor was covered in oil. I know these are sealed systems. Is there any way oil could get there other than a leak?

Thanks, Earle

Reply to
Earle Bailey1

BWWWHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! You are f***ed!

Reply to
Al Moran

Hey Earle,

If it's a Goodman or Amana, then no problem, it's left over after the manufacturing process.

If not, it may have to be returned to the distributor.

Earle Bailey1 wrote:

Reply to
mrkool

Take it back immediately and demand a unit with an "oil-less" compressor. They gave you one of the old ones with bad oil in it. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Bubba posted for all of us... I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

Don't they usually have grease in them so you are greased up & ready to go?

Reply to
Tekkie®