New Central A/C questions??

You keep getting the issue confused Noon Air..Let me try to splain' it to you again, veeeeery slooooow so you can understand. I asked 2 questions NONE of which was a query, to legal guru's like you, about stop payments on checks. Get it? Duh! Need it splained' again?

And neither of those 2 questions could be answered without *ALL* of the information... Get it? Duh! Need it splained' again?
You can go away now

Nope, you're still an asshole!

Did you read this before posting it?
It makes about as much sense as talking to a two year old.

OH I see the connection now.. NOON AIR and KFPRO are bossom butt buddies! Ah Ha... Who's your Momma?

Did you escape from a mental institution?

I think you're the one who escaped from an AIDS hospice! Too much of that browneye isn't good eh?

You need to take plenty of pictures before Monday. To collect their money, they will be back to make the job look acceptable, and the shock value of what shit work they were going to leave you with, as finished work, can never be duplicated without good bright pictures.
They are a 30+ year old company, they could be on a first name basis with the inspectors. Sometimes it's not about payola, they may have grown up together/friends and have their backs covered on the small work. But bright clean pictures can go right up anybody's chain of command.
Now when all their work looks like trade school text book pictures, this is not a problem and probably goes on a lot more then people perceive. However, you truly had a bunch of hacks fly through your wallet. Good luck.
-zero
On Sun, 13 May 2007 12:53:40 -0400, "-zero"

Thanks for your input zero. I am charging my digital camera this very moment and gonna take at least 50 pictures.
That's why you should always pay with VISA, you get points and can easily dispute charges should there be a problem. I screw over business' all the time with this tactic. If they promise to do something and don't, which is usually the case these days, I simply call 1-800 VISA and let them deal with it.
It's great...
-Canadian Cool
On 13 May 2007 20:31:57 GMT, DANgER (danger< snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

Wow..thats the best tip anyone can offer! I'm gonna do that from now on! Better screwing them than them screwing you.

Yeah, you're two peas in a pod.
Are you brothers or sisters?
Bluto wrote:

    I have already read many of the comments criticizing your decision to stop payment on the check. All I would say in that regard is: I hope you told the installer of your problems BEFORE having done so. If he failed to respond or indicate he would respond, then stopping the check is what I would have done. In the future, do not pay the complete bill until you are completely satisfied that the work was done properly. I had a system installed and withheld $900 until I was sure everything worked as expected. When I called about a couple of items needing attention and could not get him to repair them, I told him that unless I heard from him soon I would consider him as having abandoned the job and use the money I owed him to hire someone to take care of the items. It was amazing how fast he found the time to repair the items.

    I would expect that the installer would have checked his installation thoroughly enough to have seen this condensation collecting. Then I would have expected him to tell you he needed to insulate it. As others have said, the condensation is the result of humid air outside the plenum and cold air inside it. It is very common for ducts carrying cooled air to be insulated so that condensation does not form and rust away the duct work.

    Although it could be inside the condenser unit, most are installed outside of it. I would ask the installer about this and if he said he installed one inside and lied, I would report him to the authorities. He should be licensed for this work.

    Finally, your comments further down about a one inch gap being covered with duct tape: That is B.S.!!!! Duct tape should be used to seal cracks and SMALL openings in the ductwork. Sheet metal should be used to seal openings such as you describe. Many in this trade as well as other trades, feel what the customer does not see, does not exist. If a tradesman was proud of his work he would never leave a job with having performed such shoddy work.
    If this installer refuses to repair his shoddy work, I would report him to those who license him, the BBB, and every person who would listen to my story. I would also tell the installer of my intentions so that he understood what was next.

There was no time to inform the installed because it was Friday, after 5pm and when I called I got a recording saying they're closed until Monday. I am a fair and honest person. I also give handsome bonus'es to people who have done work for me and a fine job at that! My concern was what if I call them on Monday and tell them this then they say well, we're pretty busy now so maybe we can get to you on Thursday. And whats to guarantee they'll even show up and correct the problems then or in the future. keep stalling me.

I would expect that too but thats not always the case. Some people don't take pride in what they do.

I most definately ask. I am sure some of them are licensed and they're the ones(in my opinion) who should be doing the majority of the work. The 19 year old should be the clean up guy.

Thank you for your reply and advice. I hope I don't have to do this but I most certainly will if need be. All I ask is for an honest job for what I paid. I am not a complainer or perfectionist. I would feel guilty if I did this type of work to a homeowner.
OH Guess who is here now!! The hvac company I stopped payment on. The owner and 3 workers. Seems they got rid of one of the worker who was here and did most of my work...MOONIE or B-HATE-ME was that you?? They BETTER do it right this time or BLAMO!, ANOTHER STOP PAYMENT!

Now someone tell me why should entertain HO's on this newsgroup?
Paul was right from the gitgo...

Oh you must live in a trailer! Standby for an update on what happened today...it will be in another of my informative messages for you trolls and aholes

Isn't this statement interesting? This dud is from this group, past or present, I don't know, but anyone who has been here long enough would recognize something in that statement and why I say this is a scam. Besides, no one would be allowed to walk the streets if they were this stupid , they would be medicated if they were as bad as Bluto
Well folks and trolls, they were here and DID the work properly this time. I gave them a check, but old bluto will still be keeping an eye on the system with cellphone in hand with speed dial to the bank to STOP PAYMENT if anything is wrong after my final inspection. I guess this is another crooked contractor that Bluto had to crush and stop their FELONIES they're committing by STEALING from honest Home Owners. What THIEFS! But Bluto knows how to deal with these sleezballs.
Geoman, I guess I'm not headed to the jail now. Please don't unleash your DREAM TEAM legal eagles on me! Blah Hah Hah
Its because of the crooker contractors and cleanup boi's like kjproblow, Moonie, B-Hate-Me that STOP PAYMENTS were invented for!
I urge ALL homeowners who experience these type of con artists who STEAL your money on shoody work to STOP PAYMENT on your CHECK! They'll come running like flies on Geomans moustache. Don't be bullied, you can STOP these Felonious doers in their tracks with one STOP PAYMENT phone call! They're quick to rob your money from your wallet BUT if you try to get into theirs they turn tail and come to you like a kitten.
To all honest, hardworking contractors. My hat goes off to ya'll! Its too bad a few bad ones in your trade can give it a bad image.
Now old Bluto's duty is done for now and he will be going Lake Perch fishing on Lake Huron tomorrow morning while moonie, geoman, kjproblow and B-hate-me will be ghost writing/flaming me in this newsgroup, ghost writing cuz I am not coming back UNTIL I have to BUST another one of the con artist contractors.
Always remember Home Owners, if in doubt STOP THAT CHECK PAYMENT! Bluto sez so.