New Central A/C questions??

Page 4 of 6

The outside can be insulated if necessary,
And the condensing unit has a liquid line drier from the factory, which works fine if the installation included a proper vaccum.

Add pictures here
✖

You don't know the whole story asshole. Only assholes like you come to quick judgements like that.
Add pictures here
✖

So give us ALL the facts
Add pictures here
✖

They're there fool...find them...better yet, get lost!
Add pictures here
✖

Just like my first reply said, you're an asshole!
Add pictures here
✖

Ha, I think you're just stating your sexual preference kjpro! You're a backdoor guy eh? Gender no object! There are so many newgroups trolls like you around...don't know shit from honey.
Add pictures here
✖

Maybe, but my air conditioning works just fine!
Add pictures here
✖

You'll certainly need it with all the brown stuff around! SNIF SNIF Too bad your brain doesn't work well. Maybe you put a stop payment to your mother
Add pictures here
✖

You're the one that took the stop payment option or did you forget already?
Add pictures here
✖

Sure and I'm glad I did! I'd do it again. FYI ftd, supposed to be 84 Thursday, I bet those bicycle seats will really be ride for your big snozola! SNORT SNORT hahahahahehehehehohohohoh
Add pictures here
✖

asshole!
Yeah well, trust me, if there were bigger issues you would have complained about them too.
Try again asshole, I wasn't born yesterday!
Add pictures here
✖

I think you were still born kjpro. Anyways go back to your hobby of smelling mens bicycle seats at the Kmart bike rack! YUM YUM
Add pictures here
✖

complained
Wow, you impress the hell out of me with your comments! LOL
Add pictures here
✖

Just killfile the ignorant troll
Add pictures here
✖

PLOINK on ya Noon_Air...should be full of hot air. If you killfile then you won't have anything to do today fool!
Add pictures here
✖

It don't take much to impress an asswipe like you backdoor boi!
Add pictures here
✖

Oh please, stop, your insults are just too much.
Add pictures here
✖

Awwwwww so sorry asswipe
Add pictures here
✖
For those of you who call me a thief and an asshole for protecting my investment let me further state serious concerns as to why I did. Its not JUST because of the two I stated. Here are other reasons:
1) I did not have a/c prior to this. It was a new install on a 2 year old American Standard Freedom 90-R furnace. They had to cut the plenum and make a new junction with a boot from where they cut the plenum to where it attachs to the furnace. This new metal work of theirs is held in tact in 90% of the seams with only aluminum duct tape! Also at the seams there are many places where is bowed with 1" gaps..on some seams the entire seam does not line up and there is a 1" gap the entire length of these seams. They put aluminum duct tape covering these gaps. Already the duct tape is starting to fail! They did not use metal strips(I don't know what they're called) that join two pieces of metal together but also they didn't use screws because of the 1" gaps. In a few places they did, the metal bowed out. The 19 year old kid who did this metal work was a college student on summer break.
2) When the unit was installed and it was getting near 5PM the work crew was sucurrying so they get out and go home. The electrical wiring on the outside of the house is complete except for the power company to come and put a second meter in the new box because I am having interrupted service. They jumpered the new box so the a/c will work. 5 mins before 5pm they finally started the system by plugging in the out disconnect(which is an unfused disconnect..in fact I don't see any circuit breaker or any kind of protection). After the unit started they got ready to leave they put the thermostat setting to 70 and said: "Let the a/c run for 45 mins then raise it to 78. Let the system shut itself off. Do not shut the system off(at the thermostat) before it shuts off or it will cause a short!" We let it run 45 mins, raised to 78 and after is entirely shut off we shut the system off at the thermostat because its not cool enough for a/c and not warm enough for heat during the day. The next morning it was chilly in the house(61F) so I put the thermostat to heat. Nothing happened! I checked the furnace breaker, it was not tripped but I reset it anyways. After a few hours of wondering, I looked in the furance at the control board and there is a 5amp spade fuse on it that was blown. I replaced it as immediatey when I put the system from OFF to heat it blew again. I didn't change it any more. Something is amiss.
These are my two major concerns and reasons for stopping payment. Call me a thief if you like but if I didn't stop payment they stall coming back to make repairs, or fail to make proper repairs who is the thief then?
The contract has a $70.00 fee for a permit but I didn't see one posted. Someone mentioned not paying them until it passed inspection. Thats a good idea but at 5pm on a friday there are no city inspectors on the job. Sometimes it might take a few days for an inspector to show up.
Regarding condenstation on the plenum I guess I won't be able to use my a/c for fear of condenstation draining into the furnace and causing damage, mold, rust and whatever else.
I wish I'd never have had this done. I'd be better off using my window a/c's which is probably what I'll do and not use the central a/c.
One last thing, do those of you who call this being a thief and fraud would you accept this type of installation in your home? I kind of feel I am the victim because when I contract with a licensed contractor to do work I don't expect an unqualified 19 year old to be doing journeyman work at my expense.
Thanks to those who offered valuable information. I appreciate it very much.

Add pictures here
✖

Now the truth comes out..... did you contact the owner of the company and explain you issues to him?? Did you try to get your issues resolved through the company?? Have you called the permit and inspections department and talked to the chief code enforcement officer?? If you have not done any of these things, then your guilty of the before mentioned offences. if you HAVE taken these steps, then you need to stay on the city inspections department until they force the contractor to do the job right.
Add pictures here
✖