New Central A/C questions??

another dick! if you have a crack or hole in your heat exchanger where can carbon monoxide go? you must be another one of those "know-it-all-pros" newsgroup trollers.

Reply to
 Bluto

99% of the time when somebody has had a poor quality job done, its because they were shopping price only. They don't care about the quality of the equipment, or having it sized correctly, correct air distribution, or the professionalism of the installers. They just want the lowest price like we are Walmart or something then they rais hell about the entire trade being ripoffs. They forget the simple fact that the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. You never hear about the really great installations, and how comfortable folks are with a correctly sized and installed system. You never hear about having issues fixed like This bedroom has always been cold in the winter and hot in the summer and now its comfortable year round. You never hear about folks checking references, licenses, insurance certificates, and state tax certificates when getting a quote from a contractor. You only hear about shoddy work by unlicensed, uninsured hacks that throw stuff together as fast and as cheap as they can, so they can grab the money and run. A year later(maybe) they are out of business along with 19,000 other contractors because they didn't understand the business of running a business, didn't charge enough and went broke.

True to a point.... Its not a matter of throw a price upagainst the wall, its a matter of what does it cost to do a top quality installation, with a professionally trained technician and helpers salaries/benifits, plus the company's overhead, and still be able to make a small profit. Those of us who use flat rate pricing know what it costs for us to keep our doors open. Chances are that you will get what you pay for, likewise, your not going to get what you didn't pay for. If you use a smaller company that has been around for more than 5 years, your going to get a top quality job. If you use the biggest companies, you never know what kind of installer they are going to send that day. If you use the new kid on the block, you gotta ask yourself if he will be in business next year when you need service. True also that pride in your work is a big factor, but some big motivating factors for instilling pride in your people are salary, bonuses, benifits, continuing education, and training.

Bluto's problem was that he came in here whining about an install instead of calling the company that did the work and get the boss out there to fix it, and not the 19 year old flunky they sent out to be the installer that day. He didn't like what he got told, then got ugly about it as do *most* of the home owners that come in here. I have tried to reply to most that I consider to be legitimate via private e-mail only to have it bounce, or they didn't have a valid address to begin with.

Its not a matter of giving away trade "secrets", there are no secrets, its all training, education, and experience...same as any other vocation. Its kind of hard to make constructive comments when you get "My air conditioner doesn't work, whats wrong with it? How can I fix it?". thats like calling a mechanic and telling him your car doesn't run and him trying to diagnose it over the phone. Its pretty unrealistic to be able to tell exactly whats wrong with a system (sight unseen) then convey that to somebody who I have absolutely no idea what their skillset is or what tools they have available. To do so would result in some serious legal and litigation problems if the homeowner were injured or killed while trying to follow my instructions on how to fix his broken A/C. If you want to take this liability on, then by all means, do so.

While I am at it, the homeowners that come in here would be better serviced going to alt.home.repair. This NG is more like a bunch of contractors and techs standing around the supply house and BSing about whatever.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Whatta dick! So if everyone took the highest bid there would be no problems eh?

You're not a home owner? hah! You own this newsgroup eh Moonie? What a troll! My stopping payment on a check to crooked contractors like you(if you are one, from the sound of it you're the clean-up boy) INSURE's they'll be out!

Ah moonie, we'll go wherever we choose to in the newsgroups! If you don't like it then tooooooo baaaaaaaad sonnie boi.

Reply to
 Bluto

Not hardly. I'm learnin'. But it doesn't take too sharp a tool to figure out that if you have a hole in your heat exchanger, the CO is going into your house through the ducts. Adding tape isn't going to change that. Removing it might _help_.

(just one dick to another...)

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Once again, a homegrowner comes here for free advice and then bites your hand afterwards.

BTW, it IS the law, you ARE a felon. But of course, you take your legal advice from TV actors just like you took the advice of this company who hacked in your system.

You both deserve each other

Reply to
Geoman

LOL x 10,000! I laughed till I cried when I read this, had to go back and re-read this jerks post! Pluto, I mean Bluto, I mean BLOW TWO thinks that if the duct was installed correctly the CO wouldn't 'escape' into his home!!! LOL !!!

What a complete idiot.

Come clean buddy, we know your making up crap as you go, or it just shows how stupid you truly are for writing a check in the first place! Every time you make up more stuff that's wrong we have to ask ourselves the following

  1. Your partially blind and that's why you didn't see the problems
  2. Your always drunk, probably because your family is just as big an ass as you are and your trying to drown your problems
  3. Your an idiot who see's all this stuff, gets headaches from the CO and can't wait to pay the guy
  4. Your cheap and want to find a way to screw the contractor
  5. Your a troll, oh, that's right, no matter what you ARE a Troll, the question really is, how many more of the above still applies.

Next were going to hear how gas is spewing out of the uncapped gas line!

Reply to
Geoman

Your wrong buddy, AND if you knew anything about me you would be concerned due the fact that I have six lawyers in our family and one was a Federal Judge, and thats why it was my layer friend, the friend of the family, and several were around during the discusion, Mr, Whall, D. Yong, and Richard. They were giving me free advice, A check IS the same as cash, just because you get your legal advice from Judge Brown on TV in SMALL CLAIMS court, which BTW does NOT involve criminal activity and they usually will NEVER turn it over to a prosecutor.

I hope someone finds out where you live so I can personally call every contractor in that area within 50 miles and tell them what the law is so they can sue your butt.

Closing, you not being worried is your totally problem, you don't worry about anything, at least until it comes back to bit you in the butt. All these things you say are wrong with your system and you wrote a check? If you go to court you do have a defense, the judge will agree that your totally NUTS,

You need help

Reply to
Geoman

Show me the website, where's the link?

Then go to your lawyer and ask him what he thinks about your website! LOL

Legal advice from TV shows and 'some' website

Reply to
Geoman

No way, its taped REAL good!

Reply to
<kjpro

Then WHY are you here?

LMAO

Reply to
<kjpro

There&#39;s a difference in the way an OP posts their original question.

This asshole didn&#39;t communicate that their was OTHER problems with this system. He stated TWO minor issues and jumped on the chance to tell us he had stopped payment on his check. With the information he gave, he received just what he deserved as replies. He&#39;s an asshole no matter how you cut it.

Maybe if he learns how to communicate like an adult he&#39;d get the information/help he is seeking.

Reply to
<kjpro

Geo Blowhard. Keep showing your back side pal. I phoned my family attorney and began telling him my dilemma and before I even finished he said " STOP PAYMENT IMMEDIATELY!!" I told it I already did. You ARE A FOOL you troll idiot who done know honey from bear crap and that includes your lawyer/judge butt buddy friend. HAHA.

Free advice? Not from fools like you pal. But you do give me a laugh!

Reply to
 Bluto

Ok dick but you&#39;re quite an experienced dick I&#39;ll say that fer ya!

Reply to
 Bluto

The gas is spewing from your jaws Geo Jerkoff. This is a contractor ng? More like want to be&#39;s.

Reply to
 Bluto

Yes, and thats why no one trusts contractors...they&#39;re the felons and I&#39;m having a good laugh because I asked my lawyer if I should tell the contractor I stopped payment..He said NO, They&#39;ll find that out soon! hahahohoho

Reply to
 Bluto

WOW WEE!! WOW WEE WOW WOW! An honest contract, for which you know nothing about, has no worries. I kinda feel you&#39;ve had lots of stopped payments!! If I go to court I&#39;ll sue for damages too and I will win, unless of course I go to your big time judge friends court..and you have all your six lawyers with you..HAHAHA...I AM SO SCARED!

 Bluto

So are hvac newgroup pros! hahah

Reply to
 Bluto

Did it say in my original message that I STOPPED PAYMENT BECAUSE OF THESE 2 PROBLEMS? Read it again dummy. Who can communicate like an adult whilst in the company of dummies like you asswipe?

Reply to
 Bluto

Because I want to be. Any other questions fool? Why are you here? NO work? hahaha..come to jail with me, I&#39;m a felon and GEOMAN BUSTED ME!! HAR HAR HAR!!

Reply to
 Bluto

As you&#39;re proof some need birth control.

Reply to
<kjpro