New Air Conditioner Advice

I just have new Trane XV 80 (two stage variable speed furnace) installed about two week ago
At the time of installation, contractor tried to run air conditioner and he told me that he could not start air conditioner. He found that compressor is dead and suggested you better replace with a new unit
At that time I told him I will think about it (Oh god... biggest mistake of my life I would have change AC instead of furnace. Did not try to run AC before installer came in but anyway they both are old 1989)
Air Conditioner (which is now non functional) is 1989 Carrier 10 SEER 2.5 ton. but previous owner had replaced coil in 2003 with 2.5 ton 10 SEER made by CCA
Contractor who come to install he told me to replace with Trance XR 13 2.5 ton 13 SEER condenser with R410A with a *new* coil
I live in a suburb of Chicago
What is the my best option under above circumstances
(1) Since furance is just installed Trance XV 80 should I only consider to purchase Trane Condenser and coil? How about American Standard or Carrier brands?
(2) Should I go with R 22 or R410A
(3) Should I replace coil eventhougn it is five years old made by CCA 2.5 ton 10 seer?
(3) how about TRANE XB13 instead of XR 13 may be little cheaper?
Thanks in advance

Do you want cheap?? or do you want good?? you cant have both. Get it done right the first time.
On Sun, 4 May 2008 06:41:07 -0700 (PDT), c_shah

Your best option would be to work on replacing your English. Bubba

American Standard is Trane

Either
New condenser, new coil, new line set, etc... The old coil will NOT work with the new unit.

Pay now or pay later...

Welcome Now, check into the payback of having a Heat Pump installed for a Dual Fuel system.