Needing Answers for 1-Zone Radiant floor installation

I want to a single zone radiant floor system in order to heat the ceramic floor of my family room. My plan was to use the existing water heater since I'm only doing a single zone that measures roughly 15 x 15. So with that said could you kindly critique my plan. Please follow the link.
http://picasaweb.google.com/thecases/RadiantFloorHeat/photo#5027374750864859074
Steps: 1. attach a tee or 2 zone manifold. One for Hot feed to house and one for radiant zone. 2. On run to radiant zone install cutoff valve before the circulation pump. 3. Install circulation pump. Question here, can I use a zone valve instead? 4. Run my return line to another 2 zone manifold running into the hot water heater 5. At the radiant zone return install another shut off valve. 6. Run my PEX allowing for double lines in between each floor joist. 5. Question: Based on my room dimensions I believe I'm going to be reaching the limit for the length of recommended PEX? Room is 15 x 15 and based on double runs roughtly of 13' (26') per joists x 11 (spaced 16") joists= 286 feet. 7. How would I best handle the above situation? 2 runs/zones for this one room? Will this be to much for my gas water heater? 8. Attach PEX to subfloor using staples. 9. Use aluminum heat transfer plates. Do I need to cover the entire run of PEX? Can I use aluminum flashing? 10. Insulate and not allow but for maybe 2" of air space.
So, critique away!!
thanks
Jerry

It looks like it was put together by a drunken retard.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

suggest you ditch your half-baked plan and follow this link instead:
http://www.warmfloor.com/english/prod.htm

On Feb 3, 12:31 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Well, you probably guessed by now this forum does not generally dispense any real advice. A site that you may find helpful is this one:
http://www.radiantec.com/index.php
They specialize in radiant heat using water heaters as the heat source and have a very nice site explaining the methods and plumbing needed to do what you're thinking about.
Good luck!
Their base system doesn't use a plate heat exchanger. If the OP is seriously considering using the same WH for DHW and space heating they should look to the plan that includes a plate exchanger.

I would have made a good Pope.
-Richard Nixon
Looking at you drawing I would be little skeptical of doing it, as you are showing it supplying all of the floor with one feed it is my opinion that you should install header on the feed and return and every second pass what you showing now cut and install headers so that you water flows more equally otherwise you may wind up with very hot spots and not enough of heat at other. you also may require to add check valve on water supply to you heater before return from you floor, also your hot water must be kept at temperature around 120 F. so that no one can get hurt "burn" be careful of what are you about to do From Dido

Where's the plate exchanger?
On 3 Feb 2007 10:31:50 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

--
I would have made a good Pope.