Need wiring diagram for Lennox condenser 10AC42-3P

Page 1 of 2
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a lennox condenser (10ac42-3p)? I have a Lennox condenser unit which has blown a few wires and the leads going into the capacitor. The blown cap doesn't have any markings anymore, but is a black round cylinder about 2 inches in diameter and 4-5 inches long. From some articles I have found it looks like they no longer use two separate caps for the compressor and fan, and the new type is a 10/40 MFD cap. Which one gets 10 and which gets 40? I'm not an ac guru, but this seems like pretty simple stuff to replace.
Below is some info I found about my unit while looking online: http://www.hvacpartsshop.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPRODGROUP&ID $
Lennox Condenser:
Model: 10AC42-3P Serial: 5894L 33507 Svc Manual: http://hvacpartsshop.net/10AC_Series.pdf
Capacitor:
Model: 78H20 Info: DUAL CAPACITOR 40+10 MFD, 440 VAC Price: $78.40
Fan motor:
Model: 72H36 Info: 1/4 HP, 825 RPM 208/230 VOLT, 60 HERTZ, 1 PHASE Price: $198
Contactor: Model: 95M55 -- 100438-01, 25 AMP, SPST Replaces: 20F72, 46F40, 84K73, 65C69,65C6901 Price: $21.24

You have the service manual and you can't figure it out?????
Please step away from the unit, BEFORE you cause any more damage to it or yourself!!!!!
Thanks to the gentleman who actually bothered to answer my question. I was able to get a new cap installed for less than $25. Regarding the comment on the the wiring diagram, it doesn't say which the 10/40 goes to which is why I asked the question.
-Inet

RTFM. ......page 3. Your question IS answered on page 3.
And you called other people here "Bozo's"?
Well Bozo is a very busy,,, professional,,, high-dollar clown.
So there.
Yea, we all see and understand now, that "inetquestion" stands for "Internet Question". Your questions should have stopped once you found the service manual.
You Googled and copied and pasted and questioned just fine.
However, you lack the motivational fortitude to ingest the necessary substantive things needed for you to properly and safely repair what you are fumbling with.
So be happy and keep on questioning. None of this will matter in a 100 years.
HTH, -zero

Better try reading the manual again... you missed it.

something very important unless "all" doesn't really mean "all" in your case, and -3P means that two items have been replaced by one. Given the fact that the compressor probably spent a significant amount of time LR, then one of those two "all" items has to be open - or maybe even the "one" item, if that's what is being used. Burned wires should have been a clue. But, hey... It runs now, but just think, you might be getting closer to a compressor replacement every time it starts. Even though you've got it working now, you still need to have someone come look at it before it eats the compressor.

Nahhh....that would mean that he will have to take a crowbar to his wallet
Why are you being such babies about someone who knows nothing about ACs repairing his own unit? It saved me from having to call the likes of a whiner and a con who seems to think repairmen are the greatest thing on earth and the only ones "allowed" to look under the covers. Granted they do serve their purpose, but are not necessarily the right answer all the time or for all individuals. At worst my polo shorts may have gotten dirty from bumping up against something filthy outside, but guess who is having a sale tomorrow? And furthermore no one saw 5 inches of my crack while I was out there thanks to a thing discovered only a few thousand years ago... (A BELT). I suppose you think everyone should goto the dealer when their brake lights go out as well. Next time your blinker fluid needs changing give me a call.
so thar!

you cook the compressor. Hey, have the balls to write back when it happens so we can remind you that we told you so. Whiner and con? How about giving your take on the possibilities that remain that I mentioned in my previous post? Everything I said was an absolute fact.
You'll be needing this: http://tinyurl.com/2q9mqp
I though you knew what a belt was and didn't show crack: http://tinyurl.com/2gcbgl
We've even got a picture of your chick's rocks so no-one even needs to ask : http://tinyurl.com/ywvoyl or, is it your sister?
You're welcome! And don't forget to say "Sir, may I have another?"

Domain Name: 69CAMARORESTORATION.COM Created on: 26-Mar-06 Expires on: 26-Mar-08 Last Updated on: 26-Mar-07
Administrative Contact: Question, Inet snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com 123 drive charlotte, North Carolina 28213 United States 7040000000
BS data in the DNS entry, but....
Hey Jeff, why not correct the information?
You are correct sir, your comments were accurate and insightful. No harm intended for those who can reply to a simple question without being a jerk. Glad you liked the photos.
-Inet

Because you have absolutely no business messing with something which you're not trained on, that can hurt or kill you.

Then knock yourself out, my unit works just fine.

Without people like us, the world would never be the same again. Just think, if their was no knowledgeable HVAC/R technicians, there would be a lot of broken down refrigeration units. Boy, would that mess stink!
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote:

Any without refrigeration, you might be eating a lot of rotten food 8-)
--
Zyp

Well according to the nimrod "but this seems like pretty simple stuff to replace." Service manual be damned, our nimrod can do it!
You obviously don't have a clue.... before you do *more* damage, call your local, competent, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician to find and correct all of the problems with your system.

inetquestion wrote:

First of all you all ready have the wiring diagram. It is in the Svc Manual.
If you do not know how to read it or even know what it looks like you can really do some damage to yourself and the unit.
Call out a HVAC service company to work on.
The 40 goes to the compressor and 10 goes to the fan motor.
Good Luck.
--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

........................................ Oh, I didnt think so. Maybe it was just static? Bubba

I guess this isn't a do it yourself forum. The part was replaced and the unit is now working after only $25. I'm sure some of the bozos who replied above will have something intelligent to say about that, but thats life. Thanks for your assistance.
-Inet

Well, as least this bozo knows how to diagnose HVAC equipment. This bozo also knows how to read a wiring diagram, that's in a service manual. This bozo also knows how to read the capacitor chart to figure out the capacitor rating for the fan and compressor.
But, you had to ask a simple question that this bozo already knew. Yep, I might be a bozo, but at least I'm a competent bozo and not a complete idiot, like yourself!