Need owner and service manual from rheemote.net

Would someone who has access to rheemote.net be kind enough to email me a copy of the owners manual and the service manual for my furnace?

It is a Ruud Silhouette model UGPH 10EAMER.

Reply to
Tony Sivori

If your a legitmate contractor, you can easily gain access. All you need is your EPA card.

If you a homeowner, call your local Rheem or RUUD dealer. You can find you local dealer through

Noon-Air

I'm not a contractor, legitimate or otherwise. Since I had posted here before and I was only asking for the one manual, I thought it was obvious I'm not a hvac technician.

The furnace in question is the one in my house. The house is a repo, so I didn't get as much of the minor documentation as one might expect with a more typical real estate purchase.

Why is the owner's manual a state secret? I've had no trouble finding owner's manuals for just about anything else on many manufacturer's web sites. Including the house water heater, which is made by Richmond (same company as Ruud / Rheem, I believe).

Reply to
Tony Sivori

I think someone is pissed they didnt become a hvac dealer when they "growed" up. :-) Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Then maybe you need to call one

All you need to know is where the filter is anod how to change it on a regular basis.

Richmond is not the same as Rheem/RUUD.

There is a reason that furnace manuals are not in the public domain. There are many places where it is ILLEGAL for a homeowner to work on thir own furnace.

FWIW, your furnace is a 2 stage, variable speed model... this is *NOT* your Dads furnace. You will need a *QUALIFIED* tech to do any repairs on it and make sure that its correctly adjusted. Most all of the Rheem "Top Contractors" and/or "Top Technicians" will have the training, and special tools to correctly make repairs and adjustments to this furnace.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Thanks for your professional opinion. I must admit I find it to be condescending.

Frankly, I'm probably at least as smart as you. I'll be the one that decides what jobs will require a professional like yourself, and what jobs I'll learn to do myself. What I don't know today, I reserve the right to learn tomorrow.

You learned something today. :-)

That is interesting, I've never noticed the blower running at more than one speed. Should the difference be obvious?

Last question, could you say roughly what this furnace sold for when it was new?

Reply to
Tony Sivori

And I find you wanting to get a free ride....

Its your furnace and your home and your family.... its your choice....

No problem... I don't do plumbing anyway.

If it was installed correctly, you should never even be aware that its even running. If there is no change when its running, then its one of 2 things... either the demand is not there to kick in the second stage, or it was hacked in by the lowest bidder and neither furnace or controls were set up correctly, in which case, all bets are off.

The sale price?? If it was done by a competent contractor, the *INSTALLED* price should have been around $3500 plus applicable sales tax.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Does Rheem have a single speed for both high / low fire rates? Goodman / Amana does [single speed for both firings], Carrier doesn't. Just curious.

Reply to
Zyp

I need the serial number.... on further investigation, they made that furnace in 2 configs... One is a "fitz-all", the other is the 2S/VS

Normally the Rheem 2 stage stuff has an ECM blower motor, and runs seperate speeds on both the main blower and the inducer blower

Reply to
Noon-Air

Well, I certainly hear the draft inducer when it starts. Although I have gotten used to it, the draft inducer sounds almost like someone has turned on a vacuum cleaner in the basement. I also hear the blower, but that is only because it tends to be very quiet in my house.

I'd guess that I have the single speed version of that model.

If it is a two stage model, should the second stage kick in after a predetermined number of minutes of heat, even with a plain thermostat? A quick google indicates that at least some brands and models will do this.

Reply to
Tony Sivori

Bryant actually does have a two stage gas valve without the VSpd/ECM. I would assume Carrier does as well.

Reply to
HVACGod