Need help installing my own furnace

Page 1 of 2
I am looking to install an XL90 furnace -- but before I start, I would like to get some pointers on what I need to watch out for...
Ask specific questions and you'll usually get specific answers. Your questions is too broad. No-one is going to give you a step by step guide.
I'd suggest you start with the Trane XL90 installation manual.
On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:31:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Read the installation manual first then ask question about things that you are uncertain about. It's not a trivial undertaking and if you are not careful you can end up spending more fixing your mistakes than you saved doing it yourself. This is a high eff unit so it is more complicated than your basic 80% gas furnace. Usually the tranes are hard to come by unless you are a contractor. How'd you get it?
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Google?????????
On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:31:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Send $2000 to my Pay Pal account and I will be happy to guide you through your installation. You do have a new digital thermostat with matching digital wire, dont you? Bubba
First off bubba is an idiot. He charges $2000 to install a furnace HAHAHA probably why he spends his days on newsgroups, taking his pathetic life out on everyone else. HAHAHA
The most common service call I see after that model is installed is ABS debris stuck in the condensate drain, preventing the pressure switch from closing. Make sure you clean that venting after you make cuts. You can remove the white rubber fitting off the ventor motor, and clean our any blockages there. Also if you not investing in a 2stage thermostat, put a jumper across W1 and W2, that will force 2nd stage operation after 10min of 1st stage operation. I also recommend running the furnace fan continously with that furnace. Other then that, it's just a matter of transitioning your duct work. You chose a good furnace. Also electrical ground is key.
What is the serial number...they've had some problems with the screws they used on the collectors, they actually cause cracks in the header, you will most likely experience no heat if that is the case.
That's about all. Let me know how it goes!
-Canadian Heat
-- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- -
Dont forget that the Canuck is a stupid fuckin in-breed. I guess a $100 and a 12 pack is more your speed for installing a furnace. That way you can go back to your trailer after a hard day, beat the dog, fight with the x-wife and beat your meat. What a pathetic dribble of piss. Bubba
On 19 Jan 2007 22:29:42 GMT, DANgER ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

$100, where did I mention what I charge? And you mis spelled your insult.
LOL
poor bubba wrong again!
-Canadian Heat
-- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.7 Final Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- -
On 20 Jan 2007 21:37:41 GMT, DANgER ( snipped-for-privacy@heat.com) wrote:

Yeah, you're right. $100 and a 12 pack would be too much pay for you for a furnace install. Id take away the beer and make you pay me you stupid retarded inbreed of waste. Bubba

come on Bubba, this Danger guy is an adolescent "yo momma wears combat boots" type kid. Puleeeze just ignore him and maybe he'll throw enough tantrums, turn blue and die. Just a young snot shit stirrer.
It was fun for a while, it was, it WAS.
Bob

That is funny.... ($2000) he's too cheap! :-)

out on

debris
closing.
there.
and
operation.
Why purchase a two-stage unit, then cripple it with a single stage thermostat?

Yep, that's all...
Forget about gas pressure, temperature rise, combustion testing, static pressures, venting guidelines, codes, proper drainage, etc...
Just set it in there and use duct tape to connect everything.

Bubba posted for all of us...

Let us NOT forget the digital wall anchors nor cable ties!

posted for all of us...

Death would be my first thought.

LOL

An incompetent person who wants to install your equipment.

an ignorant installer.
I'd suggest that you watch out for inadequate size or quality of materials. Watch out for distances travelled, and improper bonding methods.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Agreed, that Dyier fellow is probably not a HVAC professional.
Don't accept advice from center posters.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Ya.......Or whacko religious kooks like the mormun.