my trane air handler air blower is on 24 hours a day

model: trane twe 063p13fb
a tech came by to inspect the indoor air handler. there was a lot of water inside because it was "sweating" a lot. he turned on the air blower and left it running to dry the wet stuff.
current status: air blower is on 24 hours a day, since last month. a/c thermostat fan setting is set to "on" instead of auto.
is there a way i could turn off the air blower and let it run only 12 hours a day instead of 24? it's costing me a lot in electric bill. my electric bill arrived and it was expensive.
can someone give me instructions?

You just answered your own question. The poor unit is sweating a lot, and you want to turn off it's fan? Think of how hot it will be without its fan running.
Maybe when winter comes and it cools down below 60 degrees in there you might think about turning off its fan, but for now you need to leave it on to keep it from sweating.
Oscar_Lives wrote:

workout. Try a cold shower, turn off your hot water heater too while you're at it, and buy some cheap box fans to keep yourself from sweating. Of course electricity is expensive. But your consumption won't change unless you do. The Bush administration is all about energy. You catch my drift?
You think maybe it's dry by now? Did the tech suggest how long to leave the blower on?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Dido wrote:

You need to put some Clorox down the drain(1/2 cup) should be an opening at the top of the drain to do this and then if you have an air compressor, seal off the opening and blast for a few seconds to clear the line. Should fix the condensate buildup otherwise it is a design issue.
If the sizing was correct & everything including airflow CFM & the ductwork is right, there should not be a lot of water inside. - udarrell
(Revisions - Solving ESP)

your condensate drain line is probably plugged up, thus the excessive water inside the air handler. sweating has nothing to do with it, your 'tech' was/is brain dead. Turn the fan switch from On to Auto and be done with it.
And leave the drain plugged? Whoever's writing under Fish's handle didn't hand out very good advice there.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Turn it back to auto - immediately.
The tech didn't fix the problem like he should have. The AC system was probably not properly installed to begin with or you wouldn't have had a moisture problem.
Your tech was either busy and didn't want to fix your problem or he/she was/is incompetent.
JimL wrote:

When I turned it back to Auto, a lot of water came down from the air handler. It's still dripping right now. Is that supposed to be normal?
I'm gonna wet vacuum it now.
But the bottom is still gonna be wet. How should I dry it now?
On 3 Sep 2006 19:46:56 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@usa.com"

Send pictures.

Of your wife. It's the only way we can help you on this.
--
Respectfully, Bob

Towels, I guess.
Should have left the fan on. Now it is hot and sweaty.
snipped-for-privacy@usa.com posted for all of us...

Shower anyone?

Why not use a dry vacuum? Ya got enough water...

Pop up a wet one!
--
Tekkie "There\'s no such thing as a tool I don\'t need."