Munchin Boiler Explosions!

I have a Munchkin 199M Boiler that started acting up recently. When the boiler goes to light, it sonds like some one shooting skeet in my basement. The first time this happened when I was standing next to the boiler, I nearly jumped out of my skin. I think this backfiring also caused the demise of the plastic induction fan impeller, which fortunately still had 3 months left on the warranty, so I have the new aluminum fan now installed. However, the detonation problem still exists and the Service Techs and myself are stumped as to the cause. Has anyone heard of this happeneng and know the cause? I've found references to this in other posts on the net, but no one has yet posted a definitive answer. Help!

Reply to
RikioReynolds

Um, lets try a new company, new tech that actually is proficient in the use of this device. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Follow Up:

After further investigation and consultation with the manufacturer (HT Products) it turns out the problem was a clogged condensate drain. After cleaning the coil and combustion chamber with CLR, and flushing away all the sediment from the drain line, the boiler fires up like a champ on the first try every time now!

Reply to
RikioReynolds

Your problem was restricted flow through the heat exchanger... Fairly common if the system is filled with unconditioned water. It results in crud build up, slowing flow & causing the water to boil & flash to steam... It does sound like a skeet range. Glad you got it figured out.

good luck geothermaljones st.paul,mn

Reply to
geothermaljones