More on Switching Off then to Heat to start heat on Trane

Trane model YCC024F1L0BC Mfg 05/96 "Forced Air Furnace with Cooling".... a.k.a "Packaged Gas Electric Unit"... Board inside unit has printed info = C662900G01 and CNT 1634 and Model 1068-100. Noted a red LED light blinking, once per second. No place to read out any error codes.
Unit sat unused for several months while house was empty. Cooled OK this summer. Now cycling Heat to Off (wait 10 sec) then to Heat to get heat to restart after temp falls below setting. Replaced theromostat, no change. Would like to fix myself or know how much I am looking at paying, i.e. will some major component
have to be replaced? Not loaded with cash since we just bought the house. No warranty from previous homeowner. HELP!?
On 11 Dec 2006 12:46:11 -0800, "HomeownerRetArmy"

Yes, you will need to replace the heat exchanger. A new thermostat would work well also. Dont forget to replace the low voltage wiring so the electrons wont get all confused and burn your house down. Bubba

Bubba posted for all of us...

Bubba, you are doing great! Push the wiring that's the spiff for December.

Which wiring are we pushing for December? Solid or Stranded?

Oscar_Lives posted for all of us...

Solid, stranded was last month. Miss the memo? Let's have January surprise; mercury refills for thermostats? Ductboosters?
-- Tekkie Don't bother to thank me, I do this as a public service.
Actually it's both in one shell now...makes it easier to put on sale

"Noted a red LED light blinking, once per second. No place to read out any error codes."
Blinking once every second means all is good...codes are on the door with the schematics

- I removed the spaces. 'Some days, it's just not worth chewing my food.' 'With sufficient thrust, you will squeal like a pig.' HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's Free demo now available online http://www.mytrailerpark.com /
You off your meds or something? You hardly dropped an F'bomb in the entire email. I'd really be worried about you if I didn't know you were such a warm hearted fellow inside. Why, anyone who supports cats can't be all that bad, right, buddy?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.