modine WeatherHawk burnt ignition wiring

We just installed two HFG4005MRLN2062 (MUA) after running or about three weeks both units ignition wires melted to a bare wire, Wire rated 205 degree C. Both units were running with proper gas pressures and td across heat exchanger, The only thing I can think of was the unit down drafted clauseing the flame to roll down and melt wiring, anyone had the happen to them or any other ideas??

thanks

Reply to
S_RHODA

We just installed two HFG4005MRLN2062 (MUA) after running or about three weeks both units ignition wires melted to a bare wire, Wire rated 205 degree C. Both units were running with proper gas pressures and td across heat exchanger, The only thing I can think of was the unit down drafted clauseing the flame to roll down and melt wiring, anyone had the happen to them or any other ideas??

thanks

Reply to
S_RHODA

Call a *competent*, licensed, insured, professionally trained, HVAC technician to....

1) find out why the rollout safeties failed 2) find out why the flame rollout occured in the first place 3) correct the problems and replace the burnt wiring 4) correctly set up the heaters to operate as they were designed
Reply to
Noon-Air

I once had an ice-cream melt while I was outside on a hot summer day. It was awfully hot. I heard someone tell me to get in out of the hot sun with that ice-cream cone. I went inside to the air conditioning and it didnt melt anymore. Does that help? Bubba

Reply to
Bubba
  1. there are no flame roll out safeties
  2. replace wiring,
3, checked over unit gas pressure, cfm, td across heatexchanger all ok,

Reply to
SR

Just too inviting...

Reply to
Tekkie®

did you check for proper venting and make sure that the vent pipes are clean/clear??

Reply to
Noon-Air

the mua comes with a vent cap that connects to the flue box on top of heat exchanger every thing was clear, We have had some very strong winds I was wondering if the wind down the vent cap would roll out the flames and melt the wiring,

Reply to
SR

no flame roll out safeties? lots of unanswered questions remain....

How about posting a link to the equipment you installed.

Reply to
gofish

The temperature probably exceeded 205 degrees.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Just like the window, you have to lick it before it melts.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Dedicate one to the ladies

Now summertime's here babe Need something to keep you cool Ah now summertime's here babe Need something to keep you cool Better look out now though Dave's got something for you Tell ya what it is

I'm your ice cream man Stop me when I'm passing by Oh my my, I'm your ice cream man Stop me when I'm passing by See now all my flavors Are guaranteed to satisfy Hold on a second baby

I got good lemonade ah, dixie cups All flavors and push ups too I'm your ice cream man, baby Stop me when I'm passing by See now all my flavors Are guaranteed to satisfy Hold on, one more

Well, I'm usually passing By just about eleven o'clock Uh huh, I never stop I'm usually passing by just around eleven o'clock And if you let me cool you one time You'll be my regular stop

All right boys

I got good lemonade ah, dixie cups All flavors and push ups too I'm your ice cream man, baby Stop me when I'm passing by See now all my flavors Are guaranteed to satisfy

Yes I'm your ice cream man Stop me when I'm passing by I'm your ice cream man Stop me when I'm passing by They say all my flavors Are guaranteed to satisfy

Ah, one time I'm your ice cream man stop me when I'm passing by I'm your ice cream man stop me when I'm passing by They say all my flavors Are guaranteed to satisfy

One time, boys I'm your ice cream man I'm your ice cream man

Baby Ah my, my, my All my flavors are guaranteed to satisfy

Reply to
Oscar_Lives