Modified an air filter

Got a call from a friend, whose expensive Carrier furnace needed an expensive filter.

Problem is, that size is about $175 my cost, at the parts house. About $75 Amazon dot com price.

But, the problem is no problem. Enough duct tape cures anything. Modify the filter holder, and now it takes a standard size filter. Everyone (except Carrier) is happy, now. More gas for the Ford Pinto.

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Got a call from a friend, whose expensive Carrier furnace needed an expensive filter.

Problem is, that size is about $175 my cost, at the parts house. About $75 Amazon dot com price.

But, the problem is no problem. Enough duct tape cures anything. Modify the filter holder, and now it takes a standard size filter. Everyone (except Carrier) is happy, now. More gas for the Ford Pinto.

.

Only Stormy and Anton remain after me being away from here for 2 years? wow, few posts these days too. Had FIOS for 2 years, now back with Optimum online, and can enjoy the fun again.

Reply to
Real Pisser

I'm sure there are more. I downloaded the old messages, and a couple of regulars have posted recently. PJM, The King, and a few others.

I miss Turtle. He was as bad as the rest, but there was a certain down home sincerity about him.

.

Only Stormy and Anton remain after me being away from here for 2 years? wow, few posts these days too. Had FIOS for 2 years, now back with Optimum online, and can enjoy the fun again.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Any bets on him not having taken before and after TESP and delta T readings with this swap? Hmm $75, sounds like he swapped a 4 or 5" media filter out for a regular 1".

Reply to
Daniel who wants to know

Does the filter holder look professional after you modified it ? Modifying is sometimes necessary but its important to leave it looking as nice as possible .

Reply to
ilbebauck

Looks great. The only time anyone would see a difference is the man who changes the filter, will see a length of board laying inside. You're right, appearances are also important.

.