Modified an air filter

Got a call from a friend, whose expensive Carrier furnace needed an expensive filter.
Problem is, that size is about $175 my cost, at the parts house. About $75 Amazon dot com price.
But, the problem is no problem. Enough duct tape cures anything. Modify the filter holder, and now it takes a standard size filter. Everyone (except Carrier) is happy, now. More gas for the Ford Pinto.
✖
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Got a call from a friend, whose expensive Carrier furnace needed an expensive filter.
Problem is, that size is about $175 my cost, at the parts house. About $75 Amazon dot com price.
But, the problem is no problem. Enough duct tape cures anything. Modify the filter holder, and now it takes a standard size filter. Everyone (except Carrier) is happy, now. More gas for the Ford Pinto.
Only Stormy and Anton remain after me being away from here for 2 years? wow, few posts these days too. Had FIOS for 2 years, now back with Optimum online, and can enjoy the fun again.
Add pictures here
✖
I'm sure there are more. I downloaded the old messages, and a couple of regulars have posted recently. PJM, The King, and a few others.
I miss Turtle. He was as bad as the rest, but there was a certain down home sincerity about him.
Only Stormy and Anton remain after me being away from here for 2 years? wow, few posts these days too. Had FIOS for 2 years, now back with Optimum online, and can enjoy the fun again.
Add pictures here
✖

Any bets on him not having taken before and after TESP and delta T readings with this swap? Hmm $75, sounds like he swapped a 4 or 5" media filter out for a regular 1".
Add pictures here
✖
On Jan 19, 5:28 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Does the filter holder look professional after you modified it ? Modifying is sometimes necessary but its important to leave it looking as nice as possible .
Add pictures here
✖
Looks great. The only time anyone would see a difference is the man who changes the filter, will see a length of board laying inside. You're right, appearances are also important.