Mitsubishi Air Conditioner

Hi,

I am looking for which ductless splitter system we most likely need and best place to buy a Mr Slim mini split. But not sure exactly what direction to go and where is best price to shop if we decide to buy a ductless online. They seem a lot cheaper but I want a full warranty also.

Here's what I have:

Converting a barn, almost 1400 square feet total, which is already insulated, into a 4 room office with toilet area and 2 closets.

3 rooms will be about 200 square feet and a 4th about 350 square ft. I think we are looking for a 4 unit system. Or 4 indoor handers and hoping only 1 outdoor condenser. We have no ductwork and will be wiring up for 220V. We also will need heat. I am assuming a heat pump mini split will do the job? They are much more expensive. Plus I see many other brand mini splitters out there so much more cheaper than Mitsubishi Mr Slim units. Any advice will be helpful.

I am worried about getting heat/air into bathrooms and we are putting compter server in one of teh closets, which needs to be kept cool.

Probably 3 people will spend about 8 hours a day in there at least so we want the system to be as quiet as possible. Do these other mini split ductless brands get as quiet as the Mitsubishi Ductless Slim?

Thanks in Advance

Jean

P.S. We live in Southern CA, by the way!

Reply to
Jeannie Haygood

Hey Jean,

The question to answer that would be helpful is, how long do you plan on staying put on this property? I assume this is your primary residence? Mitsubishi ductless are the Cadilac of mini splits and are almost twice the price of other ductless systems. But worth the investment if you are planning on staying there for a long time.

Good luck! T-B> Hi,

Reply to
T-Bone B

I was told that mini split installation is more straight forward than central air. I have tried 3 times to get a installer to come out and give us an estimate with 2 different air conditioner contractors. My sister and I are fed up with waiting. Already been 3 weeks. :(

Jean

Reply to
Jeannie Haygood

You should only have to call a company once. It might be a good idea to let them run a heat load/loss calculation on the job, then recommend what will give you the best value for the dollar.

Reply to
Steve

Yes, we know we definitly need a guy who i hvacs licensed to "open up the lines" is that correct? My son in law is a GC and was going to run the electricity, mount everything and also do the copper fittings. Then we need an ac guy to do the final. Maybe thats why they havent called us back, they want the "whole" job. But we need to save money to where we can and my son and law has been a GC for 30 years and knows how to do most of the work.

Thanks for your replies!

You are east coat Stormin??

Jean

Reply to
Jeannie Haygood

If you read the fine print on mini-splits, they are not recommended for, nor were they designed to be used as a primary heating and cooling source.

Maybe your GC SIL has a low rent, unlicensed, uninsured, "does it on the side" hack that he uses for his construction jobs that can do the final startup on that mini-split for you.

Reply to
Steve

Hey Jean,

If you need some price information on Mitsubishi Air Conditioners, check this website:

They

also say they can set up a contractor to get the work done within 48 hours of your receipt of teh equipment. Check them out, I've read good stuff. Good luck in your search!

Jim

Reply to
Jim Webber

Hey Jean,

If you need some price information on Mitsubishi Air Conditioners, check this website:

They

also say they can set up a contractor to get the work done within 48 hours of your receipt of your ductless system. Check them out, I've read good stuff. Good luck in your search!

Sorry for posting twice...

Jim

Reply to
Jim Webber

Hi Steve,

Can they do this calculation over the phone or do they have to do it in person? I think one of the problems is that the nearest dealer is 45 miles away from where we are. :(

Jean

Reply to
Jeannie Haygood

They also

Thanks Jim,

I actually checked the site out you suggested. They have good prices. Just waiting for someone to get back to me with a contractor and estimate. Thanks so much for the link! Jean

Reply to
Jeannie Haygood

Yes, we know we definitly need a guy who i hvacs licensed to "open up the lines" is that correct? My son in law is a GC

He ain't gonna do the electric without a licensed Electrician

and was going to run the electricity, mount everything and also do the copper fittings.

He Ain't gonna do the mechanical without a Licensed Mechanical Contractor. Then we need an ac guy to do the final.

Try FWD's Union after hours hacks.

Maybe thats why they havent called us back, they want the "whole" job. But we need to save money to where we can and my son and law has been a GC for 30 years and knows how to do most of the work.

Yeah right... Thats the ticket. If your son-in-law has been in the business for a successful 30 years, Get a legitimate HVAC contractor to do the job and as your anniversary present,Give the Bill to Sonny . After all he has been putting to your Daughter for years. No0w you can put it to him. ;-)

Thanks for your replies!

You are welcome. Next time send a serious post.

You are east coat Stormin??

Jean

Reply to
DonO

Dear Jeannie-

Never buy from acoverstock. If you do, you'll be sorry.

Reply to
HVAC

piss off spammer

Steve

Unless you can give them a set of blueprints that detail each rooms dimensions, what type/how much insulation, type and dimensions of windows and doors, what kind of foundation, construction, shading, what direction dows the building face, etc....

There is no such thing as a "rule of thumb" other than most folks have 2 of them. If you don't do the math, your guessing. Do you really want to base that kind of investment on a guess??

Its going to take some time for the tech to take all the measurements and do the calculations. Yes, expect to pay for this service, but it will most likely be credited against the purchase of the new system.

The bitter taste of a poor quality installation will linger far longer than the initial sweetness of a low price.

You can try to do it cheap, or you can have it done right.... its your choice.

Reply to
Steve

Check the warranty.... read the fine print.

This applies to all manufacturers... Manufacturers warrantys are null and void on equipment purchased over the internet.

Reply to
Steve

This entire thread is a shill.

Reply to