mini-splits

Why are all mini-splits made to be so wide?
So you can hang them on a wall.
[original post is likely clipped to save bandwidth] On 3 Sep 2008 23:58:56 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ipal.net wrote:

To get high efficiency, a large exchanger is needed.
gerry
--

Personal home page - http://gogood.com

gerry wrote:

The mini-splits are designed to fit almost anywhere. A "round or square" outdoor condenser won't just fit anywhere [particularly on a short apartment patio]. The narrow design allows for a 'fit anywhere' appeal.
--
Zyp