Mini split Wiring help please

Hello,

I built an addition and installed a Mitisbishi Mini split system, 9,000 BTU, 3/4 Ton.

I'm familar with wiring concepts, but I have to admit I'm a bit perplexed at the wiring instructions included with the unit.

I have a 14/2 wire connecting to the Outdoor compresser and connecting the outdoor to the indoor is something I'm confused about.

The instructions show basically four lines, S1, S2, S3 and a ground wire going between the two units. I'm not clear if I should be using 2 separate wires here and I can't understand how a 14/2 wire can hook up to 4 different connectors.

The instructions go on to say that I need to use AWG22 wire for teh

12-24V DC. What's even more confusing is that it's saying S1 and S2 should be 208/230V AC 1 phase, 60V, but then it goes on to say that S2 (again) and S3 should be DC12-24V....

How can S2 be both? What exact sort of wire(s) should I be using between the two units? Any help would be huge! Thanks

Reply to
prock403

Go to HVAC-Talk . com

They love to answer DIY questions over there!

Reply to
tech

Aside from all the replies in here, the correct wire to use between the outdoor and indoor unit is 14/5 and is available from the supply house where you bought the unit. If not, Johnstone carries it. Yes, 14 guage, 5 conductor wire. It is made for this application and meets code as well as manufacturer's specification (which sometimes is the code).

Reply to
Murdentech