Magnehelic Gauge

I figure someone here would be able to explain how to use a Magnehelic Gauge as a Draft Gauge on a Cozy Dual Wall Furnace?
What measurement should one see on a properly venting gravity furnace like this?
Add pictures here
✖

I've got the same learning curve trying to use my stethoscope. No one was much help at all.
-zero
Add pictures here
✖
On Feb 6, 12:23 am, "zero"

alt.hvac has not changed much in the last 10 years, there's always some clown trying to be at the center of it all...
Add pictures here
✖

alt.hvac has not changed much in the last 10 years, there's always some clown trying to be at the center of it all... ....................................................................................................
So you're a clown trying to understand the significance of draft in a 1940's gravity furnace? What exactly are you wanting to know?
Any measurement one should see, is the current condition of whatever one is measuring. You may be wondering what some draft parameters must be? You should look for a service technician to hire.
My post was a spot-on analogy to your post. You'll never get it. I now see that.
Think better before you type & post, will ya?
-zero
Add pictures here
✖
On 9 Feb, 20:12, "zero"

her throat and whether It really made any difference?,</b>
But I did figure it out though, the new furnace installed was so efficent with the InShot style burners that the old Oval Transite would never come to temperture warm enough to develope a good draft.
Who ever installed it should have used B-Vent and we never would have had the problem ( Or if had been a higher Btu that old Transite Pipe wold not have cooled the vent gas so quickly)
Sure glad we do not see this old stuff much...
Add pictures here
✖
LarryL had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/hvac/Re-Magnehelic-Gauge-36895-.htm : I just thought I would put this out there for those of us who use the Magnehelic. I have started using a gauge from a company called Sensocon that is very similar to the Magnehelic and I have found it to be just as reliable. It isn't made by Dwyer, but in my opinion it is nice to have another option. They have a distributor that sells them on line for $56 if anyone is interested the link is http://www.tek-inst.com/series-s-2000-differential_pressure-gauges.html
zero wrote:

-------------------------------------
Add pictures here
✖
larryl had written this in response to http://www.thestuccocompany.com/hvac/Re-Magnehelic-Gauge-38860-.htm : Let me try the link again <a href="http://www.tek-inst.com/series-s-2000-differential_pressure-gauges.html "> http://www.tek-inst.com/series-s-2000-differential_pressure-gauges.html </a>
LarryL wrote:

-------------------------------------
Add pictures here
✖
A Magnahelic in the flue will wreck an expensive piece of equipment, You'll need a Flue gas analyzer to get proper venting data...
geothermaljones

Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 08:35:38 -0600, "geothermaljones"

Your'e not being serious are you?

Add pictures here
✖
geothermaljones wrote:

You actually bit on that one? ;-p

Add pictures here
✖
Me or King?

Add pictures here
✖
geothermaljones wrote:

Bof.. ;-p

Add pictures here
✖
On Fri, 6 Feb 2009 21:07:02 -0600, "geothermaljones"

Ill take the hook out on my mouth now. lol
Gotta go replace a boiler section today see you boys later..

Add pictures here
✖
AllTemp wrote:

Using a match in front of the draft diverter will help you notice if a draft exists. (Take a heating class to learn the simple basics of a "wall heater.")
--
Zyp

Add pictures here
✖