Low on freon

Everyone I talk to about refrigeration. It's not cooling right, must be low on freon. I'm so totally tired of hearing that. Well, maybe it's time to surrender to the urban legend, instead of trying to educate the world. From now on, everyone gets gages and a couple ounces (at least) of freon. If they're buying, I'm selling.

I might also fix the problem while I'm there, but quietly so.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I've been telling a guy for months that his HVAC and refrigeration needs cleaning, now he's in a big hurry. He ran the 5 ton without a filter, it looks like it had someone throw mud up into the A coil. GEEZ!

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Sounds like that A-coil needs to be replaced? Wet coil plus dust. Yes, that adds up to mud.

A friend of mine from church. I met him when his family moved in Central AC with 4 ton condensor. Not cooling. I put the gages on, and it's low charge. Also I can see obviously that it needs cleaning. Add some refrigerant and strongly advise him about the cleaning.

About two years later, the compressor burns out, probably due to over heating. He was kind enough to ask me to replace the condensing unit.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Always remember to figure in the "dumb f*ck" factor.

Reply to
zimpzampzormp

Mud throwing? Are you that hard up for business? Next it will be sending out kids with air guns with 25 cent bounties on condensing units. ;-)

Reply to
Alexander

Do you know what an "A" coil is?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Sorry, I don't have time to explain things to you. Stormy will be glad to enlighten you. Maybe he will be kind enough to explain the difference between a "W" coil and an "M" coil too. ;-)

Reply to
Alexander

I hate "W" coils, they're hell to deal with and "M" coils when doubled up, collect to much chocolate. Horizontal coils are a lot easier to peal a layer of pet hair off of.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Semitruck radiators and condensers seem to have the same problem

Reply to
Alexander

Bunch of guys who bounce around in a van, with automatic weapons. BA Barackus, Face, and Hanibal Smith. Cool music, lots of gunfire, and seldom does anyone actually get shot.

Stormin Mormon

Oh, that's funny about the M coils.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'm not sure anyone thinks to clean condensors on vehicle AC. I do.... done the last couple vehiles I've owned that had AC.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Giving away plastic baseball bats to the kids?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Wasn't that one of Turtles tricks???

Reply to
Steve

Do you get lucky sometimes and peel lunch off of them?

Reply to
Alexander

Let's not forget to show some love for the "forward slash' coil's, too. :o)

-zero

Reply to
zero

Or the "N" coils

Reply to
Steve

Damned! I thought they were a reverse Slash.

Reply to
Alexander

Don't forget the octothorpe coils, they're very hard to clean.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Yes, Turtle said that it brought in a lot of new revenue for thermostat replacements. Darn shame he hasn't posted in several years. I really learned a lot from him. Some years ago, I did send him a get well card, but never heard back.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon