Looking for a source for a Carrier Run Capacitor

Page 1 of 2
Anyone know a web site that lets one look up a part by furnace model?
Or perhaps someone knows what is used by this model
Carrier Weathermaker Model 8000 58TUA Unit Size 060-12
Motor HP - 1/3 Motor full load amps - 5.8 RPM - Speeds1075-4 Blower Wheel Diameter x Width 10x6 Motor Type PSC
Thanks for any help
Mark
Add pictures here
βœ–
any capacitor will work as long as it matches what is on the cap you have now

Add pictures here
βœ–
Mark, Goto: http://americanhvacparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=P291-0753&Category_Code =
Jabs
Add pictures here
βœ–
They list it as 7.5, but show a picture of a 5
Nice, LOL
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Mark,</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Goto: </FONT><A href="http://americanhvacparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&amp ;Product_Code=P291-0753&amp;Category_Code"><FONT face=Arial size=2>http://americanhvacparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&amp ;Product_Code=P291-0753&amp;Category_Code</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2>=</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Jabs</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Add pictures here
βœ–
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Mark,</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Goto: </FONT><A href="http://americanhvacparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&amp ;Product_Code=P291-0753&amp;Category_Code"><FONT face=Arial size=2>http://americanhvacparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&amp ;Product_Code=P291-0753&amp;Category_Code</FONT></A><FONT face=Arial size=2>=</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Jabs</FONT></DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>How come it is so cheap?&nbsp; Are these factory "seconds"?&nbsp; </FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Add pictures here
βœ–
Some of the folks on this board really love GE capactitors for reasons they have stated in the past.
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Sorry Mark. There are no places to look up Carrier parts or capacitors. I think capacitors have been discontinued. I believe I can look up a thermostat for you though. Bubba (did a lot of Googling eh, Mark?)
Add pictures here
βœ–

I think its an oval one
Add pictures here
βœ–
With eight electrical thingies on top?
--

Christopher A. Young
You can\'t shout down a troll.

Ya...Go here http://www.akamarkharris.com/april/sitehome.html
Add pictures here
βœ–

Take the old one to a supply house and they will simply match it. Or get the specs off it and look for one online. The voltage of the new one can be higher but not lower. The mfd should be the same. Carrier and a number of the other brands go out of their way to make it difficult to get simple information about their units if you are not an "official" hvac service technician.
Add pictures here
βœ–
There's a multi-stage speed controller in front of the run-cap. I can tell by start sound that it's likely the cap. Since they typ don't cost much I wanted to have new one in hand before I disassembled stuff.
You are right abt Carrier. I have detail spec sheets but they don't have the actual motor or run cap specs.
wrote:

Take the old one to a supply house and they will simply match it. Or get the specs off it and look for one online. The voltage of the new one can be higher but not lower. The mfd should be the same. Carrier and a number of the other brands go out of their way to make it difficult to get simple information about their units if you are not an "official" hvac service technician.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Most legit, credible supply houses won't sell to the general public.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Sorry dude but I've never been turned away from a supply counter and I've been to a number of them here in the past 20 years. Admittedly I'm in the south but Raleigh is the state capital. I know they won't sell me a complete system but there's a couple places out in the rural country side where no questions are asked if you know what I mean.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I did say "MOST LEGIT" companies.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Sorry but I'm not even buying "most". I have never been turned away from any counter around here or asked any questions when buying parts. I have only been asked to produce my epa certificate when I bought refrigerant. I have always paid cash at the counter. I'll admit I keep the conversation to the business at hand. I think you are ignoring the power of the US dollar :-)
Add pictures here
βœ–

They post it by the door here... they don't even want the HO entering the building!!!
Add pictures here
βœ–

So how do they tell? Do they card you at the door? Have you seen them send someone away? What about the guy doing appliance repair? What about the building manager types? They turn those away too? I've seen signs at doors but that doesn't actually tell you what going to happen at the counter when you are holding a bad relay in your hand and ask for a new one. My experience is I get the new relay.
Add pictures here
βœ–

it.
public.
and
Admittedly
won't
rural
the
Ever heard of a retail sales tax license? Ever heard of a license to do business? Trade licenses? Federal tax number?
And the biggest one.... HVAC LIABILITY insurance!!!!

Sure have.. I also get calls from customers that tell me that XYZ distributor told them to contact me as a retailer/service provider. As they DO NOT sell to the general public!

What about him?

If they can't provide the required information to open an account... they SURE do!

Area's are different...
Add pictures here
βœ–

Oh, and if you go to a supply house keep the chitchat away from the fact that you are a home owner, not a service tech. I assume you are. And don't wear a suit and tie unless it's Sunday morning. Most supply houses don't like selling to homeowners but will look the other way unless you stick it in their face.
Add pictures here
βœ–