Long Island - Central A/C vs Air Heat Pump vs Ground

My central AC broke. Every contractor that comes over has a different solution.
Solutions include - 1) Lenox central AC system 2) Lenox heat pump 3) Fuji duckless heat pump 4) Geothermal system
Some background - my house has oil and an old water well system.
Some questions:
On Long Island will the heat pump systems provide enough heat? Will they last as long? Will they really save me a lot of money?
So, what's wrong with the old system? Might be a relatively simple repair, and then you can get a couple more years out of it.
As I understand, heat pumps work well where electric is cheap, and the climate isn't killer cold. I'm about the same lattitude, I'm also in NY State. My sense is the heat pumps won't save all that much.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Yes!
Yes!
Yes especially vs fuel oil.
Lennox & Fuji are both suspect, but the installer is the most critical.
I did a cost comapro today... Geothermal w electric strip supplemental vs 14 Seer AC on 93% Nat Gas & Propane Geo was under $1000 a year, NG was about $3000 a year, Propane (@ $2.45 per Gal) was over $4500 per year. (MN -20 winters 90/75 summers $.07elect $1.20 therm NG $2.45 LPG) I know, "Liar figure & figures lie"
An air to air HP w/ either fuel oil or (better yet) electric strip will save you huge $$ depending on you utility rates.
Geothermal will cost anywhere from $2500-$5000 per ton for the loop fields. If this is your decision, find an installer that has a history, lot's of "newbies" in the field now, & they all want to "learn" the systems. I'd ask for references... If they haven't installed 50 or more tons, I'd shop...
Others, I'm sure, will disagree.
goodluck geothermaljones

Actually, they probably wont...

Your new here Huh? In this NG someone always disagrees...