Location of CO detector (inside HVAC ducts?)

LOL! You're taking HB seriously?! Read his post again; this time with your sarcasm detector engaged.

Reply to
krw

home guy is absolutely correct. the others who disagree are wrong.

co detectors should be placed:

-near all bedrooms AND -on each floor AND -in the vicinity of all potential CO producing appliances

including and especially the furnace/gas water heater room, or just outside it. not too close to the appliance or you may get false/annoying alarms.

in the ducts is an interesting idea but perhaps overkill.

Reply to
ahunter

In fact the ductwork is not the likely place co2 will end up on a gas furnace. The return air goes to the circulating fan first, so it is under pressure through the rest of the furnace. Usually co2 escapes from the flue venting.

Reply to
jamesgangnc

Hi, Also any thing electrical inside duct is no, no. At least our local code does not allow it. I just located them just outside utility room door, main floor at the stair case going down to basement, upstairs at the bedroom door.

Reply to
Tony Hwang