Location of CO detector (inside HVAC ducts?)

Page 2 of 2
On 3/13/2013 12:44 PM, Attila Iskander wrote:

It was apparently too busy sending your personal information to Microshaft.

home guy is absolutely correct. the others who disagree are wrong.
co detectors should be placed:
-near all bedrooms AND -on each floor AND -in the vicinity of all potential CO producing appliances
including and especially the furnace/gas water heater room, or just outside it. not too close to the appliance or you may get false/annoying alarms.
in the ducts is an interesting idea but perhaps overkill.
On Tuesday, March 12, 2013 11:07:54 PM UTC-4, Home Guy wrote:

In fact the ductwork is not the likely place co2 will end up on a gas furnace. The return air goes to the circulating fan first, so it is under pressure through the rest of the furnace. Usually co2 escapes from the flue venting.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hi, Also any thing electrical inside duct is no, no. At least our local code does not allow it. I just located them just outside utility room door, main floor at the stair case going down to basement, upstairs at the bedroom door.