Lightening protection for condenser?

I am hiring a professional to install a Fujitsu Halycon split ductless air conditioner in my garage. The condenser will be on the roof. Since we get a considerable amount of lightening in the area, I asked him if he plans on lightening protection for the unit.

He said he is not, and there "has never been a problem."

Is lightening protection required or recommended for roof-installed condensers?

Reply to
MichaelCaditz

The only lightning protection you need is a whole house surge protector, and a proper ground for your homes electrical distribution system. Call you local electrician.

"MichaelCaditz" wrote in message news:46a75$4bffd5d3$45499b77$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com...

Reply to
Steve