Light for over the van work bench

The dome light for the work bench is a some what success. I didn't check amp draw. The lamps are dimmer than filament bulb. I used to find that one bulb was plenty of light, but a lot of amp draw. With the new LED, two bulbs is almost as bright as one filament. Presumably less amp draw.

The Harbor Freight magnet light with 24 LED on the side is actually brighter than the RV dome light.

Overall, it's reasonable, but not great. With both bulbs lit, it's enough light to work. How does anyone else light the work bench in the van?

----------------------------------- Purchase Details

-----------------------------------

Car 1156 382 Tail Brake Turn Signal WHITE 9 LED Bulb Lamp Light BA15S P21W 12V , Item# 140624170223

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Just as an example, I have two LEDs backing up main lights, both for accent and secondary lighting in bathroom. Luxeon warm white up top against yellow walls, Cree warm white above sink. Running 50 ma., capable of 10 times the current.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I was thinking, the 12 volts lamps in my rv are very bright. I don't know what bulb they use.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

That's what I posted previously. The thing is, I like the easy warm light. Not bright enough for work mounted on the ceiling, but mounted near bench would be fine. I also have modified halogen bench lights to led with focusing lens to form a spot. I have them outside spotting trees around yard.

The problem I have is fm interference using the cheap dc converters got from deals extreme. I'm a broadcasting station.

I guess the other problem, I'm usually dealing with nighttime. If you come in from daylight, your eyes need to adjust.

Greg

Reply to
gregz